OKW Location Can you walk to DTD?

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
Checking in Saturday & we know that we do NOT have a HH location. Are there any walkways over to DTD that we might want to request a building? I know the parking is suppose to be crazy over there right now & we are big walkers. Couldn't remember if there was a path to Cirque area? Any building to REQUEST NOT near HH? We will have a car & one time we got a building that the BUS turned around in the parking lot. THANKS for any TIPS!

There is a walking path that leads from South Point to the West End. It's pleasant but unlit at night and therefore closed at night. Its also a bit of a hike.

If you are in one of the buildings in the South Point area of OKW, your walk to DTD will be about 10- 12 minutes. It's a pleasant enough walk along the canal, but would be more than a little dangerous at night. We have often walked to DTD and then taken the boat back after dark.

From the South Point area which is closest to the walking path to DTD the walk is 1 mile.

I missed the turn off and ended up on the golf cart path from OKW the DTD, nice walk, but was afraid of the golf balls and did get some dirty looks....lovely walk though. Took the boat back. Ps. I'm not a walker, more a stroller and it was a wonderful calm stroll.

The walkway starts just behind building 55 and follows Trumbo Canal. You will pass the THV area. About 1/4 further there is a bridge that will take you into SSR. Keep walking past the practice green and follow the walkway around the West Side parking lot.

The distance from Bldg 55 to Cirque/HoB is 0.93 miles. As noted, the walkway is not lighted and is closed at night. Some of the pavement is uneven and I would not suggest trying to navigate it after dark.

Enjoy! :)

Here is a map of the route.

OKW-SSR-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter