OKW layout

studog100

Mouseketeer
Hi. I am debating over SSR and OKW for a 1 BR. What I am struggling with is the OKW layout. I read somewhere that privacy may be an issue whereas you have to go through the master bedroom to go to the bathroom. Is there not a seperate entrance from the hallway?

There is a total of 5 of us with 1 being my daughters friend so i was looking for as much privacy as possible.
ANy help would be great.

OKW actually sleeps 5 in a 1BR unlike SSR where you will have to provide bedding for the 5th person. OKW is much larger also. The buildings numbered higher than 30 (correct if I am wrong) have an entrance to the bathroom which doesn't require going through the master bedroom. But getting one of these is just a request not guaranteed .

As a previous post said, there was a design change during OKW construction. In buildings 30 and higher, the bathroom can be accessed both throught the master bedroom and the laundry room.

We stayed at OKW in a one-bedroom last week and LOVED it. You would have plenty of space for 5. As others said, in buildings 30 and higher there is an entrance to the bathroom from the living area (through the laundry area actually). Lower numbered buildings do not have this access, you have to go through the master to get to the bathroom.

Bathrooms at OKW have two parts- one with the jacuzzi tub and vanity (connected to the master bedroom, no door to this part) and the other with the shower, toilet, and vanity. Does that make sense?

We stayed at OKW in a one-bedroom last week and LOVED it. You would have plenty of space for 5. As others said, in buildings 30 and higher there is an entrance to the bathroom from the living area (through the laundry area actually). Lower numbered buildings do not have this access, you have to go through the master to get to the bathroom.

Bathrooms at OKW have two parts- one with the jacuzzi tub and vanity (connected to the master bedroom, no door to this part) and the other with the shower, toilet, and vanity. Does that make sense?

And if you are in the master bedroom, there isn't much privacy for someone in the jacuzzi tub. So it's pretty much limited to the guests in the master bedroom. Like most of the villas - just a sliding/folding louvered door between the tub and the bedroom.

We were in building 32 a couple of weeks ago and it had the entrance through the laundry room. The 1br is HUGE!!

My DD had the same privacy concerns when she stayed in a 1br at SSR with 4 kids. A confusing arrangement of bathroom doors.
Consider bringing a couple of rubber door stops (I'm old, hopefully they still make them) and use them when in the bathroom with all the "magic doors".

We were in building 32 a couple of weeks ago and it had the entrance through the laundry room. The 1br is HUGE!!

My DD had the same privacy concerns when she stayed in a 1br at SSR with 4 kids. A confusing arrangement of bathroom doors.
Consider bringing a couple of rubber door stops (I'm old, hopefully they still make them) and use them when in the bathroom with all the "magic doors".

I'm confused. What is the purpose of rubber door stops? I know there are several doors - one to the toilet, another two to the shower area.

I'm confused. What is the purpose of rubber door stops? I know there are several doors - one to the toilet, another two to the shower area.

I don't think there is a lock on the door between the master br and the tub/sink room. I'm probably wrong. If not, I would jam a door stop under the door to keep people from just walking in. I agree that there isn't much privacy in that room.

Look at the video I made of a one bedroom at OKW. It had the extra bathroom door through the laundry room.

I don't think there is a lock on the door between the master br and the tub/sink room. I'm probably wrong. If not, I would jam a door stop under the door to keep people from just walking in. I agree that there isn't much privacy in that room.

There's a door there? Hmm, I didn't even notice a door between the master and the tub area. Only people that used the tub were the kids anyway- and they wore their swimsuits (we didn't want to go to the pool, LOL!). I agree that privacy might be an issue as far as the tub, but it's easy to close the doors to the toilet/shower area and lock them (I know because DD kept locking me out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter