OKW - hospitality house?

Ha! Just went looking for this. According to allears.net:

There are also now two booking categories. For guests who wish to be in the Preferred Buildings close to the Hospitality House, request buildings 11, 12, 13, 14 and 23, 24, 25, 26 when you make your reservation. There is currently no extra charge for villas in these locations. The only way to insure that you will be placed in the Preferred Buildings is to request them when making your reservation.

Here's the link that will tell you a ton about OKW, too! :thumbsup2
http://allears.net/acc/faq_okw.htm

Ha! Just went looking for this. According to allears.net:

There are also now two booking categories. For guests who wish to be in the Preferred Buildings close to the Hospitality House, request buildings 11, 12, 13, 14 and 23, 24, 25, 26 when you make your reservation. There is currently no extra charge for villas in these locations. The only way to insure that you will be placed in the Preferred Buildings is to request them when making your reservation.

Here's the link that will tell you a ton about OKW, too! :thumbsup2
http://allears.net/acc/faq_okw.htm

Are these the HH booking category? I thought I also saw somewhere that 62 and 63 is HH. As I understand it, you have to have the HH as your booking category for the buildings near the HH but I wasn't sure which ones they consider near the HH. Thanks for your reply :goodvibes

Are these the HH booking category? I thought I also saw somewhere that 62 and 63 is HH. As I understand it, you have to have the HH as your booking category for the buildings near the HH but I wasn't sure which ones they consider near the HH. Thanks for your reply :goodvibes

Yes, these buildings would be the HH booking category. If you book HH, you are guaranteed you will be placed in one of these buildings. I'm assuming like all other reservations, if you have a building preference, you can always request it, but the only guarantee that you have is that you will be in one of these buildings.

Since 62 and 63 aren't listed, I'm not sure. Someone else on here may know, but allears didn't list them as HH buildings.

True that 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26 are the booking catagory called "Hospitality House". Buildings 62, 63, and 64 are nearby and are the only buildings with elevators at OKW. They are NOT HH booking catagory, because they are usually given to those with mobility issues.

Probably a dumb question but we called MS today and requested 11-14 or 23-26. We did not specify HH area. Is this the same request or do we need to call back? Thanks. :goodvibes

Probably a dumb question but we called MS today and requested 11-14 or 23-26. We did not specify HH area. Is this the same request or do we need to call back? Thanks. :goodvibes
These are booking categories. Either you have a reservation for them or you don't, it is not a request.

How do we designate that then? We booked through MS this morning for a studio and they never said anything and then we called back to add the request and they typed it in as a request. :confused3

Usually, MS will identify "Near Hospitality House" as a booking category. If all of the HH villas are gone already, it will still be noted as a request - but MS will usually comment on that fact. If you have the HH booking, it will be noted on your confirmation letter.

so, if i'm in one of the buildings near turtle pond, is there a walking path toward the main pool and HH? or, do I need to walk all the way around whatever fairway is in the way?

so, if i'm in one of the buildings near turtle pond, is there a walking path toward the main pool and HH? or, do I need to walk all the way around whatever fairway is in the way?
No walking path but given the set up, it wouldn't save that much distance I don't think.

So I called MS today and confirmed that it is a separate booking category. We are currently waitlisted for it so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

I am upset though, when I called, the person checked the request and did not have any request listed. That means that the person I talked with yesterday did not tell us about the separate booking category when we inquired nor did he put in the request when he said he had.:sad2:

So I called MS today and confirmed that it is a separate booking category. We are currently waitlisted for it so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

I am upset though, when I called, the person checked the request and did not have any request listed. That means that the person I talked with yesterday did not tell us about the separate booking category when we inquired nor did he put in the request when he said he had.:sad2:
Likely one of two things happened. Either you made the request after the reservation had already been made and/or what you wanted was not available at that time. There are obviously some things the CM should have done differently on your original call, however, a wait list is not the same as a request. I suspect many CM who got a "request" for near HH would not note it in this situation.

Is the main theme pool near HH? I have AKV booked for December, but am hoping to switch to another resort at the 7 month mark and was considering OKW. I really want BLT but am guessing that it will be hard to get at that time of year.

Is the main theme pool near HH? I have AKV booked for December, but am hoping to switch to another resort at the 7 month mark and was considering OKW. I really want BLT but am guessing that it will be hard to get at that time of year.

yes, it is right next to it.

Likely one of two things happened. Either you made the request after the reservation had already been made and/or what you wanted was not available at that time. There are obviously some things the CM should have done differently on your original call, however, a wait list is not the same as a request. I suspect many CM who got a "request" for near HH would not note it in this situation.

Don't you think he should have informed us that it was a separate booking category rather than pretend to note it in our reservation?:confused3

Don't you think he should have informed us that it was a separate booking category rather than pretend to note it in our reservation?:confused3

Absolutely! That happened to me as well. I called a few months ago to add something in to my requests and was told that nothing was there. Prior to that, I was assured that the request was in there. Then about 3 weeks prior to the trip, I realized that I never received our luggage tags from ME. I have the email confirming that I requested it online and provided our airline flight numbers. When I called, they had no record of my ME reservation.

Absolutely hence my statement "There are obviously some things the CM should have done differently on your original call", but I can easily see where it could happen even with good CM, esp if the reservation were made first and then you mentioned about the request. Also how the request were made (tone, context, etc) would have affected any decisions a CM might have made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter