OKW H.A. Room ??

ro80

DIS Veteran
I know there are only a few sections of OKW with elevators in them, but are all the rooms in them handicap-accessible? I'm going in July with my sister-in-law whose had 4 back surgeries and can't do stairs so I asked for a section for her with an elevator, but really don't need a H.A. room. Is that possible?

Only a few of the rooms at OKW are HA. But a large number are on the ground floor. And three buildings have elevators. You shouldn't have any problem getting a room that doesn't require climbing stairs, but be sure this is noted on your reservations.

Just make sure they note on the reservation that the request for a first floor room is for medical reaons and they will make sure you have a room that will work for you. We are DVCers and stay at OKW 2 or 3 times a year and usually have my mother with us...she cannot do stairs either and in the last 14 years they have always accomodated us. I do not like the HA rooms there because they do not have the jacuzzi...and unless you need a roll in shower a regular room is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter