OKW H.A. Room ??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ro80, May 15, 2007.

1. ro80

ro80 DIS Veteran

I know there are only a few sections of OKW with elevators in them, but are all the rooms in them handicap-accessible? I'm going in July with my sister-in-law whose had 4 back surgeries and can't do stairs so I asked for a section for her with an elevator, but really don't need a H.A. room. Is that possible?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Only a few of the rooms at OKW are HA. But a large number are on the ground floor. And three buildings have elevators. You shouldn't have any problem getting a room that doesn't require climbing stairs, but be sure this is noted on your reservations.

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

5. SB in KY

SB in KY DIS Veteran

Just make sure they note on the reservation that the request for a first floor room is for medical reaons and they will make sure you have a room that will work for you. We are DVCers and stay at OKW 2 or 3 times a year and usually have my mother with us...she cannot do stairs either and in the last 14 years they have always accomodated us. I do not like the HA rooms there because they do not have the jacuzzi...and unless you need a roll in shower a regular room is fine.

6. mickeysaver

mickeysaver <font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer