• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW GV or BCV 2BR+Studio - 2005

DisZip

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We have not yet closed on our BCV purchase (all paperwork in and OK) and am already planning our first trip home in 2005. At first I thought it was weird to be planning so far ahead, but after reading discussions here, it seems quite normal!

I would love to go next summer, but that isn't going to be possible, so going to bank those points and have a 2005 blowout (borrowing some 2006 points).

Planning to bring by BIL+family and MIL+FIL (with us thats a total of 6 adults and 4 kids (ages 4-9 in 2005). [ I hope those abbreviations are correct!!].

As its will be our first trip home, I really want to go to BCV, but as there are no GV's, we would have to book a 2BR + Studio, with no guarantee the rooms would even be close to each other. An alternative would be a GV at OKW (don't have enough points for one at BWV).

The safest move would be to book at BCV at 11 months and then try to get a GV at OKW at the 7 month window (probably have to waitlist for June/July?).

The location (I love walking or taking the boats to Epcot & MGM) and SAB are my main reasons for BCV, but the "WOW!" factor of a GV is also tempting.

What have others done or would suggest?

We have reserved a 2-bedroom plus studio on many different occasions and have always been placed close together. Be sure to request close-by location when you make your reservations. They won't guarantee it of course, but we have never had a problem.

When are you trying for the GV? If it's Sept or Jan, you have a good shot. If not, you may never come off the waitlist as all the OKW owners can get on the waitlist ahead of you.

Just want you to know you may not get it even with a waitlist.

The 2 BR + Studio should work fine. They are really good about getting people close together, especially if it's on the ressie.

We would be going somewhere in the last 2 weeks of June or maybe in July.

I thought I read somewhere that rooms are assigned at check in, based on whats available (i.e. vacated and cleaned).

Would check-in time have any effect on getting 2 rooms close to each other?

If you want the GV, you may want to try and find someone to swap your BCV points for OKW points so you can get in at the 11 month window

It really depends on factors you haven't stated. Will you have a car? What are the ages of your kids? What parks will you visit most?

If you will have a Car and not do that much Epcot, I'd go with reserving at 11 months for BCV then changing to a GV if available at the 7 month window. If you will not have a car and will do a lot of Epcot, BW options, SAB is important, etc; I'd stay with BCV. You can count on the 2 rooms being close enough to make it reasonable, maybe even closer than you would like in the end.

As for having enough points for a GV at BWV, few do as they are a chunk of points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter