OKW Grand Villa question

kato0627

DIS Veteran
Just booked a GV for next June with friends of ours. It will be 7 people total!!
The GV near the HH is booked. Anyone have any suggestions on which building we should request?? We would love to be within walking distance to the HH/ main pool area. I can't seem to find my OKW map. Also, anyone know how many GV are in OKW, just curious. Thanks

Here you will find a list of buildings with Grand Villas:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/old-key-west/faqs?task=view&id=78
And here is the map:
OKWMap.gif

Just booked a GV for next June with friends of ours. It will be 7 people total!!
The GV near the HH is booked. Anyone have any suggestions on which building we should request?? We would love to be within walking distance to the HH/ main pool area. I can't seem to find my OKW map. Also, anyone know how many GV are in OKW, just curious. Thanks

I've also got a GV booked in early June. Interested in the responses you'll get on recommended buildings.

We were in Bldg 15 last summer and it was very convenient. We could see the bus heading to the Miller Road Bus Stop and could head to the HH bus stop if we couldn't get to the MR bus stop in time. An easy walk to the HH area.

We were in a gv in building #29 this past January. Very convenient to the bus stop (first stop on the way back from the parks) and to the HH. We were with a family with a teen and a tween, and they had no problem walking back and forth to the HH area for swimming, games and meeting other kids in the evenings.

Here is a link to some detailed OKW Resort information here on the DIS.

While not included in the HH reservation category, there are GVs in Buildings 15, 16, 19, 29 and 63 that are all a short walk to HH.

Here is a map coded to show GV locations:

OKWMap-January2008.jpg

Is the GV in 63 have elevator access?? We have someone who will have a scooter. If the GV are on floors 2/3 where would she keep the scooter?? Just thought of that now.

Is the GV in 63 have elevator access?? We have someone who will have a scooter. If the GV are on floors 2/3 where would she keep the scooter?? Just thought of that now.

Yes, Building 63 has elevator access to the first floor of the GV. You'd need to keep the scooter inside the GV or keep it at HH where there are plug-ins available to recharge.

Good luck! :)

We have stayed in 63, 22, and 15 several times and our favorite GV location is 15. Building 63 is a good location too, but too close to the entrance for bus noise. We thought 22 was way too far from the bus stop. We thought 15 was about perfect because we could choose to meet the bus either at Miller's Road or HH. Often we sent the young people out, and when the bus was coming to Miller's they called, and we'd meet it at HH.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter