OKW "Grand Villa" Question

infobahn

Mouseketeer
So, I finally booked with points. Painless.

My question is, we have a Grand Villa at OKW, and I am curious about buildings.

We are looking for a non-smoking "room". If we are upstairs, we would like a building with an elevator (strollers & grandparents). I realize that only a few buildings have this option.

Any opinions...

Thanks
Robb

I wish I had bookmarked DOc's post about OKW building layouts.... I have the printout though.....

From what I can tell (being it is past midnight and I have had one or two Barcardi and Cokes...)OKW GV Nonsmoking buildings are....

15/16/22/28/29/49/57-53-63

63 is an elevator building.... Dont know if this is enough info to help you......

Anyone have a link to Doc's page????

:)

<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146435">OKW Building Configurations</a>

Bear in mind that requesting a specific building (like 63) will give you less likelyhood of getting your request. Most GVs are on the second floor except for the handicapped one. If you have young children, you are probably young enough to do the stair thing.

I believe ALL GVs start on the second floor.

The handicapped ones are in those buildings with elevators and the second floor of a GV is still not handicap accessable.

But the best suggestion is to request an area or view. Requesting specific buildings can leave you out of luck. If the guest in that specific building is not leaving the day you check in, the room assigner now has nothing to go on to decide where to put you.

There is a GV in building 48 with a ground floor access. Building 63 has elevator access to the GV's.

All other GV's have the entrance on the 2nd level with only stair access.

Good Luck!

I didn't know there was a GV on the first floor....now that I think about it, I guess I did hear that before. But I did think there were two GVs in the new building accessable by elevator......am I wrong?

Thanks for the information. (Keep it coming!)

As for the "If you have young children, you should be young enough...", it is not me I am worried about (Although I became a Father at 38), it is the Grandparents who will be with us.

They are 66, 77 & 78. The older Grandparents are "Farm People", and have live a full, but hard life. We aren't quite sure how much walking they will be doing (various joints are replacements). They will be thrilled to be around the kids, never have been to Florida, and rocking on a porch is an activity to them.

... and rocking on a porch is an activity to them.

LOL, infobahn! I like rocking on the porch, too, especially if I can be at WDW while I do it! And I'm not even 50 yet! Does that mean I'm getting old???:D :D :D

Have a wonderful trip!

You probably would have to request the buildings with elevator access as a "medical necessity". I almost didn't get one Dec 2000 but I never could have gotten my elderly and arthritic mom up and down the steps. Needless to say, those magical Disney cast members came through. And yes, I think there are two such GV in the new buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter