OKW Grand Villa near HH

DisneyDevil82

Earning My Ears
What are my chances of getting a grand villa at OKW near the HH at 11 months for Sept. 15-22, 2013?
Usually it's just me and DH so I don't worry too much about getting exactly the resort or location we would prefer. This time it will be us with DH's parents, sister, her husband and our 2 nephews so I'm a little more concerned. I do have a plan B and a plan C if needed.

There are two GVs in the HH booking category. They are both in Building 25 just across the bridge from the Front Desk area. If you are making the reservation right at 11 months you should have a good chance for success.

There are also GVs in Buildings 15, 16, 19, 29 and 63 which are also close to HH, but not part of the booking category so those would also be good options for requests if necessary.

Good luck! :)

We were in the GV in #29 this past January. Pretty close to the bus stop (which is the first on the return trips from the park). The kids in our group had no problem getting back and forth to the main pool and HH for games, etc, at night. The view was fine.

I also think you will have an excellent chance of getting a HH GV if you call right at 11 months. September is a relatively easy time to book. I hope you do because we had a GV in building #25 and loved the location! Great view, quiet and so convenient!

Thanks for the input and support. I kind of thought I would have a pretty good chance in September but I always feel better hearing it from someone else too. I was thinking some of the other closer, non-HH catagory, buildings as my plan B. If not Plan C is that everyone gets their own studio at SSR since I don't have enough points for a GV at SSR and each family wants their own room a 2BR won't work.
Breyean-thanks for sharing about building #29. I wouldn't have thought about that one. BTW how old were the kids in your group? We'll have a 9yr old and a 6yr old.

Thanks for the input and support. I kind of thought I would have a pretty good chance in September but I always feel better hearing it from someone else too. I was thinking some of the other closer, non-HH catagory, buildings as my plan B. If not Plan C is that everyone gets their own studio at SSR since I don't have enough points for a GV at SSR and each family wants their own room a 2BR won't work.
Breyean-thanks for sharing about building #29. I wouldn't have thought about that one. BTW how old were the kids in your group? We'll have a 9yr old and a 6yr old.

Our friends' kids were 6 (girl), 9 (girl), 11 (boy) and 13 (girl). The boy loved going to the HH area to play in the game room (he made some friends he met there). The rest of the family did the fire pit and movie a couple of nights.

It was great with the buses, also. In the morning we'd walk to HH to get the bus. But since that's the last stop, if we saw a bus coming at the stop right by our set of buildings, we'd jump on and ride around the resort. If not, we walk to HH and wait in case a bus had already passed that stop and was doing the loop.

And of course on the way back we got off at the first stop, which was very nice after a long day.

wow I'm hoping to score a gv at okw too but thanksgiving week I'm keeping my fingers crossed. good thing okw is my home resort.

I think your chances are great. I just booked a HH GV for the first week of June next year. There was only one left but I booked it right at 11 months. I love the OKW Grand Villas so few points so much space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter