OKW Grand Villa ECV question

Roo'sMom

Mouseketeer
I am traveling with someone who will rent an ECV from an offsite company due to back problems when walking as much as is needed at WDW. This person does not need an accessible villa, so will likely NOT be in a building with an elevator. How do you handle getting the ECV up to the second floor every day?
(Am I correct that all GV's have their entrance on the second floor?)

Should I request an elevator building? I know they are limited- is this a valid request if I am not requesting a HA villa?

TIA
:flower3:

I can't answer about the OKW part of that, but there are ECV's available from offsite companies that have offboard recharging capabilities. We used Apple last year for my DD, and it worked pretty well. We kept the ECV in the minivan, and just carried the batteries in to the Treehouse for recharging.

Oh and we did NOT need an accessible Treehouse. It had 17 steps...she just hobbled up them with her fractured foot (she was wearing a "boot").

Thanks Muhlenburg...we weren't planning to rent a car though. Maybe we will have to call OKW and see what to do in this situation.

There is one GV (Building 48) with ground level access (it is a HCA villa) plus the 2 GVs in building 63 with the elevator. The other 24 GVs at OKW have access only thru the 2nd floor of the building.

I think that many guests recharge ECVs outside Papa's Den near the front desk area. I would certainly not suggest trying to get one up to the second floor unless you have one in Building 63.

I'd be sure to let MS know what you need before arrival.

Good luck! :)

Just call MS and tell them you need an elevator building because you will have an ECV. When you get to check in, be sure to reiterate that request. If you can NOT get the elevator building, then she would have to get permission to plug the ECV in at Papa's Den at HH. I have seen other's do that. I always had a 1st floor 2 bedroom when we had an ECV, but that's not possible with the GV unless you get the Handicapped accessible unit in 48.

Thanks, dianeschlicht. I called today and requested it. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Just call MS and tell them you need an elevator building because you will have an ECV. When you get to check in, be sure to reiterate that request. If you can NOT get the elevator building, then she would have to get permission to plug the ECV in at Papa's Den at HH. I have seen other's do that. I always had a 1st floor 2 bedroom when we had an ECV, but that's not possible with the GV unless you get the Handicapped accessible unit in 48.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter