• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Ferry docking at DTD?

castleri

DIS Veteran
Where at DTD does the ferry from OKW dock these day? I think I read that some of the ferries dock at the west side now and wondered if OKW was one that did. Need to get to T-Rex on arrival day and am trying to figure out if the bus or ferry will be best way to travel because there may not be much time from ME arrival until ADR time if there is any delay with ME. I planned on 2 hours and 20 minutes between airport arrival and lunch and hope it is enough.

The boats first dock at the west side where pleasure island was, then you can catch another boat to the marketplace side if you wish. The only boat that goes between the resort and marketplace is Port Orleans i think. We were told that it was easier for the two DVC resorts to load passengers from the west side than the marketplace side, hence the change.

As far as time, you may have enough with the 2.5 hr window. If you got the bus from OKW Hospitality after checking in, i think you would get there faster than taking the ferry. I remember the captains saying it's about up to a 15 minute boat ride from pleasure island to OKW.

I agree that a DTD or internal bus might be your best bet. They will come along about every 20 minutes, where the ferry runs every half hour.

Thanks all - We have taken the ferry many times but this time it looks like the bus will be the best bet. Just wasn't sure where they dock now. The PI dock would be the best for where we want to go but the time frame may not be so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter