OKW Experts needed agian!!

fleurbie

Mouseketeer
Hi
I wonder if you could help with my question, DH and I are planning to stay at OKW in Oct next year. There is only two of us so only need a studio (not planning on cooking as DDP:lmao:)
Anyway where would the best block be for studio's as i hear some have no window in bedrooms etc we will be staying for two weeks so need to be sure that OKW is right for us, otherwise it will be a modrate agian, but last year we visited OKW and I just thought how I would really love to stay there, as it looked so pretty :).

Thanks all

ALL studios have windows. Not sure where you heard that one from! There may not be a window in the bathroom, but all studios have windows AND a French door out to the deck.

All OKW Studios have windows. There are two in the front near the front door and two "door" windows that open to the patio. One of them is the door, which is all glass and the other is a window. They do not open like French doors. There is also a frosted window in the bathroom to let in some nice natural light. All of the widows have blinds and blackout curtains. Have A Magical Trip!

Hi Thank you

I think I was reading though some other post around which building to request and it was mentioned about studio's being darker.

Sorry silly Question:rolleyes1

I think I was reading though some other post around which building to request and it was mentioned about studio's being darker.

no question is silly.

the 1-bedroom has 2 of the 4 walls in the living room filled with windows (okay some only have one wall) -so if that is what you are comparing - then yes OKW studio is darker.

it definitely has more outside light than a moderate or value room at DVC.

plus it has a balcony - that can be a big plus.

Just be informed that OKW is the only DVC Studio that does not have a couch.

It just has 2 beds. So if you are planning to spend some time relaxing in the room, just be aware.

But it is a very beautiful relaxing resort.

Wehave always stayed in a studio even though it does get difficult to only have a bed to relax on in down times. I've learned how to do it though with all of the pillows in the room and the patio. Sometimes I'll take a patio chair to the front door area just to sit in a sunnier location -- sometimes there's a lot of foliage around the patio area which can make it darker but the benefit of that also works for the front window since you can open things up more there and still have privacy. Those gardens are beautiful!

If you're staying 2 weeks, request a quiet pool area with a laundry room and then you can do laundry and still be at the pool. If you're close enough you can use the pool area as your family room for reading the paper or eating meals.

ALL studios have windows. Not sure where you heard that one from! There may not be a window in the bathroom, but all studios have windows AND a French door out to the deck.

It is possible that the OP read this from my posts on the OKW Lover's Thread on the miscellaneous board. I had written that my studio in building 14 did not have a front window, but after many responses saying that was impossible, I soon felt that I must have been mistaken and delusional--which seems to occasionally happen. :goodvibes But if you check page 107 of the OKW Lover's thread,post #1591, there is a link to an older post from Chuck S, one of the moderators. He explained that there are 4 U-shaped buildings at OKW, # 14, 18, 35, 38, and some of them have interior studios and therefore do NOT have front windows. I guess there are so few that unless you have had the bad luck to get one, you wouldn't know about them.

It is possible that the OP read this from my posts on the OKW Lover's Thread on the miscellaneous board. I had written that my studio in building 14 did not have a front window, but after many responses saying that was impossible, I soon felt that I must have been mistaken and delusional--which seems to occasionally happen. :goodvibes But if you check page 107 of the OKW Lover's thread,post #1591, there is a link to an older post from Chuck S, one of the moderators. He explained that there are 4 U-shaped buildings at OKW, # 14, 18, 35, 38, and some of them have interior studios and therefore do NOT have front windows. I guess there are so few that unless you have had the bad luck to get one, you wouldn't know about them.

I wouldn't get them because we don't stay in studios much anyway, but I do see how those "U" shaped buildings might give a second bedroom with no front windows. I would NOT like that!

I wouldn't get them because we don't stay in studios much anyway, but I do see how those "U" shaped buildings might give a second bedroom with no front windows. I would NOT like that!

I guarantee that you wouldn't like it. I can only say that it really honestly felt like a bad motel from the 1970's. :rotfl: And it smelled awful! I think because it had no natural light inside and was always rather dank and musty. The deck door windows did not help any because they opened to heavy vegetation. I don't know if all of the u-shaped buildings have rooms like this one, but ours was in building 14 and I never want to stay there again. :laughing:

You are going to have a great time at OKW. I give you less then 24 months and you will be a DVC owner. OKW is where I started and now I own at BVW and SSR. Enjoy your stay!!!!:lmao:

Hi
Thanks everyone you've put my mind at rest.:)
I know that I will love OKW, as we visited last year to have a look round it's my ideal resort it looks so pretty plus the boat DTD from there which is a bonus:cool1:
Only problem is DH doesn't seem as excited as me with resort so i didn't want to give him any reason to moan or find fault so was just checking, I'm sure he will love it once he's there :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter