• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

okw distance to parks

sjjdbatch

Earning My Ears
I just booked a 1 bedroom at okw and was wondering the travel time via disney transportation to the parks. I have 2 very active little boys and may not want to be on the buses for too long>
Replys greatly appreciated. Thanks!JULIA
Then again they'll probably sleep on the way back!

Once you are on the bus..........the longest you will be riding from any park(MK,MGM,Epcot,etc) is no more than 10-15 minutes max, sometimes shorter.:D

Contrary to the impression that some people will give you, OKW bus rides are actually very short. The estimate of 10-15 minutes max is a good one--if you want to minimize bus time, get on the bus at the hospitality house right before it leaves the resort.

THANK YOU! We were booked at wilderness cabins, but they said up to an hour to get places. I'm so glad I changed! We did request a room near hospitality too.Thanks again!

The longest bus ride you will have will be to Animal Kingdom. We like to do that one as early in the day as possible. Where you stay at OKW really doesn't matter that much. WE usually stay down at the South Point area. It is the farthest from the hospitality house, but it is the second bus stop, so we get home fast!

I'm surprised they told you an hour from the Wilderness cabins. I can't imagine it would take that long to a park.

The estimates for OKW are good. OKW is very close to MGM, DD, TL and Epcot. MK and AK (and BB) arent' bad either.

With any WDW resort, the only time you could have very long travel times is when you try to go resort to resort. You need to make a change somewhere along the line and this can add quite a bit of time. Resort to resort you need to allow about an hour to an hour and a half, even though driving could be as little as 10 minutes.

The wild card is how long it takes you to actually get the bus, not really the travel time from the time you get on the bus. It is always a good idea to allow at least 30-45 minutes to go anywhere, in case you just missed the bus.

We were at OKW for the first time this past January. I was concerned about the busses and travel times esp since we were going during the off off season. We figured bus service would suck......

BUT it was wonderful! Never waited more than 10 minutes for our bus.... and our girls thought it was another ride!! (we dont ride busses normally!)

I do want to add that we did wait over 20 mins one night coming back from Epcot.... It was around 8pm. That was the longest wait we had.

Have fun! ANd enjoy OKW!

Originally posted by PamOKW
I'm surprised they told you an hour from the Wilderness cabins. I can't imagine it would take that long to a park.

Unless they've changed the bus routes, I can believe it. FW is/was the far end of the line.

-Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter