OKW...Can someone recommend a good location for us?

E

eeyoresmom

We will be in a 2 bedroom at OKW in April. I really wanted close to HH but it isn't available. My kids spend a lot of time at the pool and community hall and we enjoy being able to visit the stores and CS throughout the day ( we are no longer commandos :goodvibes ) Can someone recommend a second choice for us? TIA

building 62-64 (the only ones with elevators)

building 16, 17

building 27-29

of course I like south point better - building 55

I've always liked Turtle Pond Road. There is a nice community pool there with a snack bar, although I am not sure it is open year round.

Will you have a car? Turtle Pond Road can be a hike from the main area.

We will have a car, but the teens ( 5 of them!) will be coming and going, so it's really not feasible to drive to and from the main area.

Here is a map of OKW. We were in a 2 BR in building 62 in Dec. It is an elevator building, as spiceycat mentioned. It is actually closer to the HH than the HH booking category. We have two small kids and brought some friends who also have 2 small kids, so this location was perfect!
We could also see some of Illuminations from our balcony at night, which was a bonus.
In the a.m., we just walked across to the HH to grab the bus to the parks. On our way back home, we got off at Pennisular road (first bus stop on the way back into the resort). I thought the location we were in was perfect in every way and would def. like to stay there again.

I've always found that asking for "what you want" is preferable to asking for "where you want". If the few buildings you name are not available, the person placing you may have no idea what your "second choices" would be.

In your case, I would ask to be "as close to the Hospitality House as possible." That gives the person placing you the ability to meet your needs as best they can. Most of the resort is within easy walking distance for teenagers in even reasonably good health. It's spread out, but it's not that spread out. Even the very farthest points are a bit under 3/4 of a mile, following the sidewalks. No more than 15 minutes by foot, and probably less.

The only time I made such a request (we usually have a car, but didn't that trip) I ended up in 27. Right next to the Peninsular Road stop, and very convenient. It was an accessible room, so the shower got a little sloppy, but that was a fair compromise for our needs that particular trip.

We will have a car, but the teens ( 5 of them!) will be coming and going, so it's really not feasible to drive to and from the main area.

No need to drive at all! Just hop the first bus that comes along and get off at HH. That is, of course, if walking 5 minutes is too rough on the teens. :upsidedow

If you request a room near the HH, will you find out (on your ressie) before you arrive if your request can be honoured??

I never heard people request Building 62 or nearby. Is this better than the South Point Road area? Is Building 62 a newly renovated room? Does it have two ways to get into the bathroom?

The BEST Buildings to stay in are 45 or 46. Both are in close proximity to one of the quiet pools and to the South Point Bus stop.

So let me get this straight. If I rent points, I have to have the owner specifically book that catergory?? (Hospitality House)

Correct. You also will need the owner to make any additional requests on your behalf---you will not be able to call Member Services directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter