OKW bus question

cindy17

Mouseketeer
When we last stayed at OKW in 2020 we were in Peninsular Road area. We were first picked up in morning on bus route. I noticed by the time we got to Hospitality House area (last stop) busses were almost always full and we passed those people by. I'm helping my son and his fiance plan their first OKW trip in August and I think they'd like Hospitality House area but Im concerned about the busses. Do the drivers alert "transportation hub" to send another bus to OKW when theirs gets full? It must sometimes take forever for those waiting at HH to get to the parks. Im wondering if I should just request Peninsular Road area for him. Any thoughts?

When we stayed in the Hospitality House area, I'm on an ECV, so didn't want to get on at the last stop. So we always walked (scooted) over to the Peninsular Road.

Has anyone been lately? I'm doing my online check-in and need to pick desired areas. I don't care about being next to anything, but do prefer 1st bus stop. Someone told me it had recently changed, so I'm trying to confirm if Pininsular is still first stop

We are here now and I can confirm that Peninsular is the first stop with any bus that is not coming from Disney Springs.

Has anyone been lately? I'm doing my online check-in and need to pick desired areas. I don't care about being next to anything, but do prefer 1st bus stop. Someone told me it had recently changed, so I'm trying to confirm if Pininsular is still first stop
We were there recently. The buses between the parks start at Peninsular. Busses between Disney Springs start at the Hospitality House.

The driver does alert the operation center when the bus is full. Also the routes are run differently depending on if it is a theme park bus or a springs bus. As stated above the buses between the parks start at Peninsular. Buses between Disney Springs start at the Hospitality House. This creates the ability to use the buses as an internal shuttle.

When I stay near hospitality House which I usually request, as I like to be near the boats and the store, I still tend to walk over to Peninsular to catch busses into the parks - unless it's an odd time when I don't expect big crowds on the bus. I often exit the bus there too - it's just a hundred or so extra yards' walking, so even staying by the HH, you'll be back in your villa before the bus makes the rounds to the HH stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter