okw best area to stay with grandparents!!!

ornurse

Earning My Ears
looking for the best area to stay at okw with my grandparents both can move around still ok for them being well into there 80s any help would be great we leave in less then 2 weeks!!!!

If they want to be close to the Hospitality House and the main pool, I would pick bldgs 11-15. The new bldgs with the elevators are a nice area, too, and within walking distance to the HH. Or else the bldgs across the road from the HH would be nice, too. That area is very quiet when you sit out on the balcony and watch the golfers playing.

Of course, these would be MY choices anyway!

Good luck! When I've specified certain areas, I have never been disappointed in getting what I wanted! :)

I would also suggest the buildings close to the HH. This way if they want to get something to eat at the restaurant, go to the store, get a drink at the pool bar, etc they are close by. Some of the buildings at OKW are very far from the HH and they would either have a long walk or would have to drive or take a bus if they wanted to get to the HH.

I would consider making the same requests for the elderly as I would young children; HH, transportation, pool proximity and first florr requests, letting MS know in ADVANCE.

Bldg 62, 63 and 64 have elevators. Bldg 64 doesn't have much of a parking lot, so if you need that you may have to park across the street. If any of the grandparents require handicap parking, make sure they bring their hangtag along. You get free valet parking at other resorts with a handicap sticker. Also, the handicap parking at the parks is pretty close.

Bldg 63 has a great view of the green that is surrounded by water if anyone likes to watch golf.

These three buildings are on the corner near the Hospitality House and close to the bus stop.

If you need a wheelchair for any of them, just ask when you check in at OKW. They will charge a deposit to your room, but credit it when you return the chair. We got one for my mother, who is 84.

I would also suggest buildings 23 - 26. They are just across the road from the Hospitality House area and most of the units have beautiful views. We stayed in building 23 with my parents and they absolutely loved the location.

I suggest requesting near HH and 1st floor accomdations...

Have fun! They will love OKW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter