OKW Bathroom Question

Deep-Thots

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Based on the floorplans I have before me, it appears that the 1 BRs at OKW have a kind of "community bathroom." In other words, it looks as if you have to go *through the master suite* to get to the bathroom -- something which wouldn't be ideal if you invited along another couple to share the magic. :eek:

This seems like a weird set-up, so am I reading the floorplan correctly? Are all the 1 BRs set up this way? It would seem to necessitate a 2 BR reservation, unless you happen to be very, very, very close to whoever's staying in the living room.

There was a design change about midway through the building of OKW. I believe it is buildings 30 and up that have an entrance to the bathroom through the laundry room.

No, they are not all that way. The newer units have a second access to the toilet/shower area through the laundry room.

I'm sure someone will reply with the starting unit number, I just don't have it handy right now.

Is it difficult to reserve one of the "separate entrance" 1 BRs, and is this something you can request when making a reservation? It would seem like the "separate entrance" constellations would be the most popular....

Chuch S is correct. 30 and up have a seperate entrance to the master bath.

It usually isn't hard to get 30 and up because most of those rooms are far from the main building (except 62, 63, 64), Turtle Pond & South Point areas.

Hopefully they will have a new sofa in the living room for the other couple, the old ones are very uncomfortable (I was in bldg 40 last month).

I don't think it's too difficult at all to have a request granted for this villa set-up. As WKUMAD stated, bldgs 30 and higher have the entrance through the laundry room. You can request bldgs 30 and higher or a specific area such as Turtle Pond or South Point. Alot of people request to be close to the main check-in area and main pool and those are the lower-numbered bldgs with the bedroom entrance so I think all the requests probably even out down the line. Good luck :D

Booked sat 7 months out. We are in 62 now(1BDR after moving from a 2 on Sunday) and our daughter says the new sofa beds in both were/are much more comfortable than the old ones.:D She stayed at my Aunt and Uncle's 2BDR in 16 next door and it still has the old style sofa and only 1 entrance into the bathroom :( Having the Hi speed Internet sure is convenient now.pirate:

A one bedroom is set up for 2 people. What you need is a two bedroom where the other couple can have their own bedroom and bathroom. The one bedroom has only one bathroom and one bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter