1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

OKW and ROFR

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by myxdvz, Dec 5, 2012.

1. GoofyJ

GoofyJ Earning My Ears

Disney just pulled our OKW Aug 150 point contract.

Well time to start over :(

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that, it does take a bit of luck to get an OKW contract through ROFR these days.

4. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

Mine is about the same except UY. Still waiting... I'm on pins and needles here!!!! :(

5. mditkof

mditkof Earning My Ears

After getting 2 OKW contracts through ROFR, and then losing a third one all at $56 per point, I thought long and hard about increasing the price to get it done. After talking with 2 brokers concerning what they are seeing, I decided to go at $58 per point for this round. This is real close to what the brokers' recent experience at passing. Although anything is possible, I like to play the odds.

Marty

6. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

I believe that is good strategy . Dispite others saying different It's worth it to pay a little more for what is believed to be a better chance of landing the contract.Even if it's just in your own head .If you get it it will be $$ well spent ;)

7. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

My contract enters its 3rd week at ROFR. :eek:

I am losing hope!!!! :scared:

8. lawrenceFletcher

lawrenceFletcher No longer renting points

I stayed at OKW in spring. I tried to find the right contract. 6 months ago I passed ROFR at $55 for 160 points at AKL and stayed there at Christmas. I felt they would have accepted at $50 but I did not think it would pass ROFR. I would have been just as happy with OKW but now I have what I consider to be a better expiration date. Look at other resorts - you might me just as happy with a good deal elsewhere.

9. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Just the opposite. Recent history suggests that if Disney is going to ROFR a contract they do so quickly, usually in the second week but sometimes even sooner. The old axiom "no news is good news" certainly applies here. Good luck! :)

10. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

Thanks! I also saw from the ROFR thread that its taking them 25-28 days lately. Maybe it was the holidays!

So, I'm STILL hoping!!!! pixiedust:

11. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

Hope has ended :(

I heard today - they're exercising their ROFR. :headache:

It's for 150 OKW at $50/pt Oct 2012 UY, 2012 pts and beyond available.

*sigh* Time to start over!