OKW 4 night stay review

MinniesFav

Yes, I am Minnie's favorite. She told me so ;)
Just a quick synopsis of my recent stay in a 2BR at OKW. Building 12-2nd floor.

Cleanliness - place was spotless. Had a few germi-phobes staying with me & they were impressed. No need for excess wiping down(but they did anyway!)

Roominess - By far the best I've seen. Fit 4 adults, 3 kids + 1 infant with ease. Plenty of room for the pack and play. Lots of elbow room. Sleeper sofa was actually comfortable. Much roomier than the 2BR at BLT & BWV. Balcony was huge & backed up to a golf course. Kinda depressed that I was only able to harass one golfer though :tongue:

Location - Near the hospitality house is the place to be! About 100 steps to the bus stops & about 150 steps to everything else(pool, restaurants, boat launch to Disney Springs, etc....) Only downside is that depending on the route your bus driver takes upon returning to the resort, you can be the 5th & final stop, or the first. If the 5th, add on 20 minutes to your trip. But at least you're in an AC filled bus.

Food - Did not get to eat at Olivia's but did try the quick service place for breakfast & lunch. Not bad.

All in all I loved the place. Only question going in was what I had read about the bus service. It is what it is. I'd stay again in a heartbeat!

Glad you enjoyed it. We drove around OKW and decided we didn't want to stay there. Several years later, we stayed there only because it was the only DVC with availability. Once we stayed there, we loved it.

Thanks for the post. Great info. Have not stayed there yet, still on the fence with the busses.

Thanks for the post. Great info. Have not stayed there yet, still on the fence with the busses.
Bus service at OKW is no different than bus service at any other resort. I have stayed at OKW many, many times and have never had bad bus service. I don't know why OKW has this reputation. It simply isn't true.

Strange that you would catch a bus at Hospitality House that took you through the rest of the resort. There is a Disney Springs bus that stops at Hospitality at the start of it's run through the resort where it becomes an Internal bus that runs the circuit. I believe it is labeled as an Internal when it stops at Hospitality House. All other bus routes only stop at Hospitality House as a last stop before leaving the resort.

Bus service at OKW is no different than bus service at any other resort. I have stayed at OKW many, many times and have never had bad bus service. I don't know why OKW has this reputation. It simply isn't true.

I think its just because of the size of this resort. It's massive! Takes 20 minutes for the buses to loop around.

Strange that you would catch a bus at Hospitality House that took you through the rest of the resort. There is a Disney Springs bus that stops at Hospitality at the start of it's run through the resort where it becomes an Internal bus that runs the circuit. I believe it is labeled as an Internal when it stops at Hospitality House. All other bus routes only stop at Hospitality House as a last stop before leaving the resort.

Only happened a couple times. Once to MK & once to Epcot. The rest of the trips to the parks we were the last stop. We were, however, the last stop coming back from the parks about 75% of the time. Just adds on 20 min to the commute. But I ain't driving so what do I care!!

Only happened a couple times. Once to MK & once to Epcot. The rest of the trips to the parks we were the last stop. We were, however, the last stop coming back from the parks about 75% of the time. Just adds on 20 min to the commute. But I ain't driving so what do I care!!

We walk to the HH to board the bus so we don't have to "tour" the resort on the way out. Conversely we get off at Peninsular Road and walk to our room upon returning to OKW again avoiding the tour. We haven't stayed in the South Point section yet but the walk to/from the Peninsular Road, Miller's Road, Turtle Pond or HH doesn't both us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter