• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW $25 thoughts

midnte0708

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been brought up before...I've tried to follow the past discussions.

Disney is currently selling OKW contract ending 2042 for $92. With the proposed $25 to extend the lease till 2057 would bring the price to $117. Why would anyone pay that for OKW when they could pay in the low 100's for Animal Kingdom?? I would doubt it.

Now Disney may not of course sell the "new 2057" for $117 but it will be the price for someone who just bought OKW resale 2042 ending date through Disney then decides to extend the lease to 2057.

Disney couldn't assume that all OKW owners paid in the $50 range years ago. (Then this would be more resonable to think about the $25 price addition overall)
Or maybe the new OKW owners who paid high 70's resale or up to $92 direct through Disney would be the unlucky ones.

I just bought resale OKW for $77 and if I had known I would be offered an extention for $25 which would bring my price up to $102 I probably would have thought about Animal Kingdom...similar price and no closing costs.

Of course there's the argument that it's a prepaid vacation and I bought it knowing it was over in 2042.....but the $25 seems toooo high based on the current market price of OKW either bought outside disney or through disney.

Just curious if anyone else feels the same way........

Thanks!!

you are not forced to take the extension...

It is an option for those that wish to extend their contracts. All contracts will be extended to 2057, but those current owners who do not wish to extend past 2042 will sign to deed the 2043-2057 years back to DVD.

Plus there is rumoured to be a discount to $15 for those that choose to extend before early '08 (although no official announcement yet).

They are treating this like a book or record club, where if you forget to send back the post card you have to buy the book. The actual present value of these 15 years is only two or three dollars. It's a total scam and someone needs to be put in jail.

I just bought resale OKW for $77 and if I had known I would be offered an extention for $25 which would bring my price up to $102 I probably would have thought about Animal Kingdom...similar price and no closing costs.

Think about it this way - you wanted 2042 OKW for $77 more than you wanted AKV for $102. The offer just gives you another option. It doesn't suddenly make 2042 OKW points worse, or AKV points better. No reason to second guess yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter