Okw--12/6

Zane_Anthony

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if there is something special going on at OKW on 12/6? I currently have this night wait listed. Looking at the availability that seems to be the only night fully booked.

That is one of the most popular weeks of the year for DVC. It's also the weekend the Christmas Parade is taped. I'd bet all the DVC resorts are booked.

That is one of the most popular weeks of the year for DVC. It's also the weekend the Christmas Parade is taped. I'd bet all the DVC resorts are booked.

Forgot about the parade taping...I know it's a very popular week I am just surprised it's only the 1 night that's all booked.

It's also a MVMCP night. I think all the DVC resorts are booked for that night, too.

OP - Good luck with the waitlist.

Forgot about the parade taping...I know it's a very popular week I am just surprised it's only the 1 night that's all booked.

Did you get the information that it's the only night booked from member services or are you going by the DIS board thread? I would not rely on the DIS board thread as anything close to accurate, it's only as good as the few people who report to it. Thousands of others are calling for reservations.

Did you get the information that it's the only night booked from member services or are you going by the DIS board thread? I would not rely on the DIS board thread as anything close to accurate, it's only as good as the few people who report to it. Thousands of others are calling for reservations.

No this information came from member services. I didn't even think to look at that thread until after the fact.

I think of lots of different possible reasons. First off, it is a Sunday and lots of folks that came in the previous week add this night onto their trip because the points are low. Then you got the folks coming in for the next week and pick up Sunday because the points are low.

In all my years with DVC it is quite common to have Sundays and Thursdays as one of the toughest days to get.

Secondly, the DVC yearly condo meeting is taking place on Dec 9th. Many of us, including myself, come down and make a vacation of it and attend the meeting.

Then we have the other items that seem to be DVC normals for this time of year....low points so high usage, MVMCP going on with DVC discount, the beautiful holiday decorations all over the World...and actually the list could go on and on.

Hope that helps and I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your wait list!!:santa:

I think of lots of different possible reasons. First off, it is a Sunday and lots of folks that came in the previous week add this night onto their trip because the points are low. Then you got the folks coming in for the next week and pick up Sunday because the points are low.

DUH! :thanks: That's exactly what I do, don't know why I didn't think of it like that.

Early December is tough to get; we were waitlisted last year for a studio at OKW and it came through for us - good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter