Okay, somebody squelch my fears - PLEASE!!

Fishbone†

<font color=blue>Does strange things while sleepin
I know, I know, I already posted a question, only two or three mere minutes ago, but being a perfectionist, this whole thing is starting to frighten me - I'm sure I'll be able to relax once it's all over (he he he), but then this is my life, so I work with it.

I just read a post about it being crowded getting on and off the ship. Getting on the ship, this doesn't bother me.... HOWEVER, getting off the ship is a whole other issue. Our plane departs at 11:30 - I heard we can not disembark the ship until 8:30 at the earliest - it's an hour drive to the airport...... does Disney have a way of handling this so that we can get off the ship as early as possible so as to not miss our flight??? That would be bad and very costly. Can anyone ease my mind??

I love this board - everyone is so helpful.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Fish.....

Just got back...we had a 12:15 flight and were back in the terminal by about 9:30 or 10am. My suggestion...don't go to your rotation dining room for b'fast. Instead, eat at topsiders continental b'fast early and then get in line. We ate at our dining room to get a full b'fast and when we left there, a HUGE line had formed. Lines move fast though, so don't be worried....it's amazing.....enjoy your trip, and relax!

I don't think you have to worry. Don't wait for Disney to announce you can leave. We went to breakfast, then sat outside. We saw poeple leaving the ship, so we decided to try it and were off before the official annoncement. We were at the airport by 9:30. Don't worry. Enjoy the cruise.

Thank you so much - that makes me feel so much better - and thanks for the tips!!

Fish

When we sailed in November, we ate at the late breakfast dining rotation and still made it to the airport by bus at 9:45. We had a later flight scheduled anyway, but there was a delay. We did'nt leave until 11:00 P.M. What a long day at the airport!

we got off the ship this moring (sunday 1/18) at
8:45am, took "Happy Limo", used e-ticket checkin at
American (this avoided an at least hour wait), and took
another 1/2 hour to get thru security and were at the
gate at 10:25, in plenty of time for our noon flight.

You didn't say what airline you are flying?

We have never rented a car in Orlando, so I can't say
what the additional transfer time will be.

With your flight I would get Disney transfers back to
the port, or take a limo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter