Okay, so now that I'm a pin collector......

intends to really go overboard, but it's addictive!LOL

The pins that DD had were from only 2 trips!
We also got hooked when we received the AMEX lanyard and pins!
I thought what harm could it do:rolleyes:

It is fun though!

Scratch
:smooth:

Hooked by American Express, one trip- 40+ pins now (including the recent purchases).

I was at WDW for Mickeys 60th birthday,(still had the sweatshirt) and this christmas I got a Mickey's 75 th watch as a gift, so I can't wait for all the promotion stuff to come out. Hope they do the promo, longer than just Mar/03. to Mar/04- I liked to go again while it's still on, but it'll probabley be Nov./04

before a war is actually called! I had hoped on purchasing an annual but with this looming do not want to chance it.

Waiting until Easter trip to get the 75th Souvenirs. Wanted to leave plenty of room for the Cruise Stuff. And glad I did since we won't be going back on that for awhile, if at all!LOL

This is a time when Pixie Dust is a definate!

Scratch
:smooth:

I didn't realize there were so many pin collectors ... maybe we can get together for a swap/meet at Yorkdale or Fairview sometime. :p

Hi ~ a couple years ago I was at DS in Yorkdale and they had excellent breifcase/binders for pin collecting on sale for $5.00!!!!!!!! I didn't buy one because I thought, this is just one more thing for me to spend too much money on. Fast forward to today. I didn't go to Yorkdale, but I did go back to Square One and bought over 30 pins! Now I have over 50! The prices were great! Some of the pins were only 75 cents, some were 88 cents and the rest were only $1.88! It's a nice way to start pin collecting. dd (9) started pin collecting and collecting penny presses from Disney this year. Now I am a collector too! I will save 20 pins for the next Disney trip to give to the kids each day. They will each get one pin, a few Disney Dollars and a special letter/invitation from a character in a fancy envelope. I have already started planning this. If I get PS at Cindy's, then the day before the kids will get invitations to the castle from Cinderella with appropriate pins. Last trip I did the same thing but with wrapped gifts from the characters each day. It was a pain to pack! I like this idea better. I am thinking about heading to Yorkdale this weekend with my whole family. That way we can enjoy a RFC trip too! You can't beat the prices of pins! I like the penny presses too! We are already collecting USA quarters and pennies! S

LOL Julie, I think I did fairly well. I bought 32 pins for $55.00 includes taxes. Some of the pins were only 75 cents! I am thinking of heading to Yorkdale this weekend. S

I can't believe how many pins I've bought in the last couple of weeks but really you're right Sandra -- how can you resist when some are $0.75, some are $0.88 and the most expensive is $1.88 -- sure beats paying $7 and $7.50 for them.

Was thinking of heading to Fairview tonight and looking around again. I also want to check on the Valentine's beanie babies to see if they are on sale. Love the beanies as well. I have a shelf in my office here at work and the last time I returned from vacation everyone came in to see which ones I'd bought.

Cdnmickeylover

I've bought a few pins, maybe 120 - 150 (I should count them). I don't have a lot of Limited Editions pins, but my favourite is my Snow White pin with the seven dwarfs in their mine cars. They all link together, and were part of the 100 Years of Dreams collection. I have quite a few from that series. :)

drop.gif
drop.gif

-just a few!?!?!?- I thought I had it bad. LOL

Looks like we will be heading to RFC for lunch and pin shopping this weekend. I bought a few lanyards but will keep my eye out for a pin book. I have been invited to a scrapbooking workshop FOR FREE at the end of the month! I look forward to learning more about scrapbooking. Maybe when I learn more, we can get together PIN exchange and scrapbook Disney pics together! S ~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter