okay, so I am being a total pain in the.....

onemaybaby

Mouseketeer
earlier this week, I asked if I should take the Magic from Galveston or the Wonder from Lax. So I decided that it just wasnt worth it to spend the extra $300 in airfare, plus the longer flight and was going to do the Magic from Galveston.

Now, I've found that I can do the Fantasy for just $350 more for the three of us from PC. I'm totally confused as to what to do!

I am booking an IGT category on either ship. This is the only inside state room available on the Fantasy. The Magic I will also book the IGT but there is also listed 11c, 11b, 11a, 10c, 10b, and 10a. Does this mean I have more of a chance of getting a better room with the Magic?

The Fantasy says the view is a magical porthole? I'm guessing it's probably cool but not worth the extra $

I am travelling alone, without DH, with DD12 and DD8. I prefer places that are less busy than crowds. For example, I would never, ever, ever, ever go to WDW at Christmas, ever LOL. I plan our trips out carefully, follow touring plans etc. and just cannot be bothered with lines and crowds. I know they will always be around, but I just prefer when there is not as many :rotfl2: I don't know if this is really an issue at this time of year on cruises, so I don't know if this would factor in between the Magic and Fantasy.

I am a budget traveller, but I don't mind paying a bit extra for things that are worth it!

Would the weather differ between the two places? I'm a sun and heat kinda girl!

And finally, how much (on average) extra will Castaway Cay cost me? In ports I do not plan to do excursions per say, but would be happy having a meal at a local establishment and maybe hitting the beach.

So fellow DIS'ers, please give me your thoughts! This is my first cruise, and I know you are experienced in these things :thumbsup2

earlier this week, I asked if I should take the Magic from Galveston or the Wonder from Lax. So I decided that it just wasnt worth it to spend the extra $300 in airfare, plus the longer flight and was going to do the Magic from Galveston.

Now, I've found that I can do the Fantasy for just $350 more for the three of us from PC. I'm totally confused as to what to do!

I am booking an IGT category on either ship. This is the only inside state room available on the Fantasy. The Magic I will also book the IGT but there is also listed 11c, 11b, 11a, 10c, 10b, and 10a. Does this mean I have more of a chance of getting a better room with the Magic?

The Fantasy says the view is a magical porthole? I'm guessing it's probably cool but not worth the extra $

I am travelling alone, without DH, with DD12 and DD8. I prefer places that are less busy than crowds. For example, I would never, ever, ever, ever go to WDW at Christmas, ever LOL. I plan our trips out carefully, follow touring plans etc. and just cannot be bothered with lines and crowds. I know they will always be around, but I just prefer when there is not as many :rotfl2: I don't know if this is really an issue at this time of year on cruises, so I don't know if this would factor in between the Magic and Fantasy.

I am a budget traveller, but I don't mind paying a bit extra for things that are worth it!

Would the weather differ between the two places? I'm a sun and heat kinda girl!

And finally, how much (on average) extra will Castaway Cay cost me? In ports I do not plan to do excursions per say, but would be happy having a meal at a local establishment and maybe hitting the beach.

So fellow DIS'ers, please give me your thoughts! This is my first cruise, and I know you are experienced in these things :thumbsup2

If you're allergic to crowds, the Magic will probably be a better fit for you than the Fantasy, since it's a smaller ship.

How much more expensive is it for you to fly to Orlando instead of LAX or Galveston?

Castaway Cay is beautiful, and you don't have to spend any money there. Unless you rent beach equipment or do a shore excursion. Or rent a cabana.

Chances are, you'll get hooked on cruising -- they're quite addicting, so whichever cruise you don't do this time, you can do next time. Except for the Mexican Riviera. That probably won't be offered again for a few years.

Weather should be great for all three cruises.

All of your choices are good -- just go for it! :cheer2:

If it's not going to cost any airfare, and you're only having to pay $350.00 more to go on the Fantasy, I'd book the Fantasy in a heartbeat!

Castaway Cay can cost you nothing or a small fortune--your choice. You can bring your own equipment and swim or snorkel to your heart's content...enjoy Pelican Plunge, eat at Cookies, etc. You can also choose to rent snorkel equipment--that costs. You can go parasailing--yup, that costs too. You can have t TOTALLY wonderful day by renting a $6 float and just enjoying the beach....or you may be the type who prefers a $500 private cabana.

The virtual porthole is fun.....$350 though, I don't think so. Basically, every 30 minutes you'll have about 30 seconds of a Disney characters. They are cute and fun....

As to chance of a different cabin...an IGT means you get an 11 or 10. Those were all in the range you listed. Or you could get totally lucky and get something nicer (it happens).

For crowd avoidance--Magic is better.
Weather--I suspect about the same given you are looking at the same week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter