• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay people I need some help!

::MickeyMo Alright I have been to Walt Disney World sixteen times but I have never been to Disneyland and we are planing on taking a trip sometime this year (hopefully in Feburary/March with my best friend for our birthdays). So could you guys help me out and tell me everything I need to know about Disneyland and California Adventure? How its the same, how its different, some of the big rides, where you can find characters, the hotels, places to eat with characters, stuff like that. Thanks everyone!! :teeth:

Well, it's definitely more "intimate" than WDW. I mean, it's smaller and you don't feel so overwhelmed to see everthing like you do at WDW. We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel and it's definitely a plus if you have kids since it seems that the "magic" continues there over other Disney hotels. I think you're best bet it to get a book called The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2006. I got it and it sums up everything perfectly!

Unique rides:

DL: Indiana Jones Adventure (similar to Dinosuar with a different theme)
Matterhorn- A steel roller coaster through a snow-capped mountain
Pinocchio's Daring Journey-FL dark ride about Pinocchio
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-Used to be at MK
Alice in Wonderland-Another FL dark ride MK doesn't have
Stoybook Canal Boats-gentle boat ride in FL past miniature Disney movie scenes
Casey Jr. Circus Train-Gentle train ride through the same scenery as SBCB
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin-Dark ride in Toontown in which you can spin your own car
Gadget's Go Coaster-Similar to Goofy's Barnstormer
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes(seasonal)-Canoes around RoA
Sailing Ship COlumbia(seasonal)-A big boat around RoA
Autopia-Similar to TIS
Tarzan's Treehouse-Swiss Robinson with a new theme

DCA: Grizzly River Run-Kali River Rapids with an extra drop and different theming
Monster's Inc.-Dark ride through the story of MI
All kiddy rides in Flik's Fun Fair
All rides in Paradise Pier-Carnival style rides with a wild mouse coaster, wave swinger type ride, drop tower, carousel.
California Screamin-Launched coaster that is extremely thrilling and fun
Sun Wheel-Ferris wheel where some of the gondolas rock back and forth

Unique areas:

DL:Critter Country-wher Splash and Winnie-the Pooh rides are located.
New Orleans Square-Hanuted Mansion and Pirates are here.
Toontown-Characters, Roger Rabbit, and Gadgets Go coaster are located here.

You can meet all of the characters in Toontown which is similar to Mickey's Toontown Fair. Buzz and Woody are also found in TL. Winnie-the-Pooh can be spotted in Critter Country. Characters from Pixar movies can be found in DCA and can be found abundantly during the Block Party Bash parade

There are very limited character breakfasts. I think there's only one in the park and one in Downtown Disney.

I've never stayed at an onsite hotel because the off site hotels are also within walking distance of the parks and MUCH less expensive. Here the parks are very easy to park hop because they're only separated by a big plaza. No need for driving from one park to the other.

There's more but I hope thats a good start

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter