• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay I'm freaking out!

Jjbouch226

Earning My Ears
Hi!! We are leaving in 2 days, AHH! First I'll tell you our plans & then my concerns. Myself (24) my boyfriend (28) and our little girl (3 1/2)

Tuesday-Plane lands at 9:53. I estimate we'll arrive at Disney by 12.
Staying at AKL

Heading over to epcot for a chefs de France ressie for 1:10 ( hoping we catch remy)
Attractions- nemo, crush & circle of life then explore the worlds
Dinner at akershus for 8:10

Wed- ohanna breakfast 9:50 then off to Hollywood
Attractions- muppet vision, Toy story, little mermaid, playhouse Disney & beauty and beast.
Dinner at sci-fi 4:30 fantastic at 8:30

Thursday- quick breakfast at hotel
Animal kingdom for the day. Attractions- rafoko planet watch, affection section, finding memo, tough to be a bug and lion king
Qs lunch at yak & yeti and parade
Dinner at cape may for 8:05

Friday- BBB for 8:10 am then tomorrowland for monsters Inc. Off to fantasy ad for dumbo it's a small world, Peter pans flight and storytime.
Lunch somewhere in there at cosmic rays or caseys and then mnnshp that night.

Saturday- 11am at 1900 park fare then magic kingdom. Leaving at 3:45 to catch the plane.

Concerns: is this doable??!! We are first timers. My daughter never naps and bedtime is usually 11pm-10am. (I know this is horrible but I've been trying to change it for months now!) we have the ddp but I plan on paying for a couple meals. We have 1000 spending money but need to buy Halloween tickets and pay for BBB with that Also I would like to use my iphone4 for majority of photos. I bought an external battery but I'm SO nervous about it Dieing half way through te day. I'm bringing my camera but I might have to break down and buy a memory card at Disney if my phone doesn't pull through for me. Does anyone know disneya prices for them? && one last thing instead of losing some weight for Disney like I'd hoped I actually gained : / and am deciding against shorts. Do you ever see people in jeans or will I die? We ate from ct and I've faced 90+ weather here with jeans no problem but IM FREAKING OUT HERE

It's more than doable, as you aren't planning to hit up all that many attractions. Try to do some of the attractions that aren't necessarily geared towards toddlers and you and your boyfriend will have more fun. At 4 my son was tall enough for everything, and he rode everything. At the very least, plan on the Safari at AK, HM and Pirates at MK, and Indiana Jones at the Studios.

Making your first reservation at Chefs de France may be very tough depending on the time you actually land and when you get transportation to the hotel, check in and then get transportation to EPCOT. You have a bit of a walk once you get to the park too to get to the World Showcase, so, you are going to be cutting this one very, very close.

I wouldn't rely on your phone for pictures especially since this is your first trip. Run down to Walmart, Target or some place like that and buy a memory card before you get to Disney, so, you can save quite a few dollars.

$1,000 spending money is doable. I'm not sure which package you plan on at BBB, but that can eat up a lot of your money if you aren't careful. Combine that with your party tickets and you are easily out $250 right there. If you buy your party tickets a few days ahead of time, you get a bit of a discount.

The one thing that worries me is the 8:10 reservation at BBB. You will be missing out on the prime time to hit the fantasyland attractions without much of a wait. On Saturday before your 11 AM reservation, you may want to hit the park to catch a few rides your little one might want to do again or missed the first time around. It is easy to get between the Magic Kingdom and Grand Floridian.

You will be fine in jeans, but perhaps a bit warm.

Take a taxi from AKL to the Beach Club and from there walk to France through the International Gateway. That would be much faster than waiting for a bus from AKL to the Epcot front entrance and then walking all the way through Future World to World Showcase.

We just got back from our first trip - its hard to say whether your schedule is do-able or not *** it depends on crowds, waits and how fast you move around - we had a whole schedule planned re: rides but it didn't work however, we did do all the ones we wanted. All I can say is just go with flow and only stick to schedule when it comes to restaurant ressies.

Regards your camera dying - disney allows you to charge cameras, phones, mobility scooters etc for free at guest relations in each park.

Spending money - that all depends on how many souvenirs you buy LOL but if you budget, you should be able to do it :)

Good luck!

I think your iphone4 will be fine for picture quality.

I was at a wedding last month and we've been comparing pics. My BIL's iphone4 pics are better than my Nikon pics and his wife's Canon pics. Both of our cameras are "good" point and shoot digitals (not the cheapies, but not the super expensive type) and we are both disappointed in the comparison between ours and the iphone4. Both of us need new phones and now are considering getting iphone4s so we can ditch our cameras. My BIL also emailed his pics to people who were unable to attend right then and there (as well as emailing himself copies as a back up).

Bring a normal camera, your phone isn't meant to be a vacation camera that will take lots and lots of pictures. Heck, Iphones can barely make it though the day just operating as a phone. If it dies you have no phone AND no camera. Not sure about the external battery option, that my help, but of course makes your phone much larger. Just grab a memory card at Target or something. Regular cameras are better suited for taking pictures because they can zoom if needed (with a lens, not just by blowing up the pixels) and a good flash and autofocus instead of fixed focus.

The rest of your schedule sounds pretty busy, mostly the first day reservation just hours after landing. If you have any travel delays at all you might not make that one.

FYI, it's still pretty hot this time of year, and it's more humid than CT.

I think you are planning a LOT of very long days with a three year old. For example on your MK day you have an 8:10 at BBB and plan to stay through the Halloween party?
And on your arrival day, landing just before 10am and then going right to Epcot with an 8pm dinner reservation? What time will you be up that morning? I know by 8pm my DD would be a tired and cranky mess after traveling and park touring.

Instead of freaking out,take some more time to read the boards and come up with a touring strategy. For our family we have a few basics:
1. Rope drop when at all possible
2. Afternoon breaks or 3/4 days (days we don't go back to the parks at night)
3. Follow a crowd calendar or touring plan. Use whichever you find useful, we have used TGM but now I am planning our trip next week following EasyWDW, really nice site with great info.

And forget the jeans! You will be miserable, don't worry about your size - believe me at WDW you will see all shapes and sizes. How about some cotton capris or bermuda shorts?

If you aren't bringing a camera you might want to seek out the Photopass photographer so you get some shots.

Wed- ohanna breakfast 9:50 then off to Hollywood
Attractions- muppet vision, Toy story, little mermaid, playhouse Disney & beauty and beast.
Dinner at sci-fi 4:30 fantastic at 8:30

You do not have too much listed so you should be good, just remember the wait for Toy Story could be an hour or more so remember to watch your times for the shows that are set times. There are some good character lines and interactions at DHS.

Thursday- quick breakfast at hotel
Animal kingdom for the day. Attractions- rafoko planet watch, affection section, finding memo, tough to be a bug and lion king
Qs lunch at yak & yeti and parade
Dinner at cape may for 8:05

If you get the chance and your daughter likes animals, you might want to check out Kilimanjaro Safari. You could pick up fast passes on your way to Rafiki's Planet Watch. That way, you would not have much of a wait in line and since you do not have a full schedule, you should have time.

Friday- BBB for 8:10 am then tomorrowland for monsters Inc. Off to fantasy ad for dumbo it's a small world, Peter pans flight and storytime.
Lunch somewhere in there at cosmic rays or caseys and then mnnshp that night.

You may want to start in Fantasyland as the earlier the better in getting through lines. I would suggest picking up fast passes for Peter Pan.

For the most part it looks like you will actually have open times at the parks to ride rides over and do additional attractions. Just remember what attractions you definitely want to do and get those done and relax and enjoy any of the additional things you can do.

Thank you thank you thank you for all your input!! My daughters just under the 40inch line so no luck with the other rides but I told the boyfriend while we're in character lines at mnnshp he can hit the fun rides himself and he's more than happy with that but I did add your suggested rides to our plans. I'm so nervous about the remy lunch now but if the plane lands on time (9:53) 3 hours won't be enough time? Oh boy, the little one will be so upset but I'll deff. Use the tip about the international gateway! I meant rafiki, not sure why my phone autocorrects to rafoko?! : ) youve all convinced me to go pick up a memory card but I am hoping it will only be used for backup.. Honestly I'm just a Facebook junkie and like to upload pictures immediately. && we plan on the $50 package at BBB. We were booked for the full package until I found out they don't carry the rapunzel dress so I picked it up at home with all the goodies that go with it. I hope it won't be a problem that I didn't change the package with them yet

Phones are ok for internet shots. But if you want good shots, take your camera. Just buy a card for it before you go.

Itinerary is for the most part easily doable. You may find yourself with some extra time on your hands. You should be ok on that chefs ressie. But know that there isn't much cushion there and your margin on time will be thin if you're delayed.

On the early BBB. The difference between hitting Dumbo right away at opening and hitting it after you've done something else for an hour is major on all but the slackest of days. Fortunately, MNSSHP days in September can be a bit slack as those without hoppers and no party tickets choose another park. But that isn't guaranteed.

A special note on AK. If one can get to Everest (Not on your list) and the Safari (Not on your list but absolutely should be) right away, the only difficulty in getting everything in that park in is getting the shows in. But some of those aren't on your list either. So I think you'll be fine.

On Rafiki's. If nothing is going on there, you'll leave thinking it rather lame and well, at least DD liked the train ride. But if there are a lot of things going on, you can spend hours there thinking why on earth is there all this negativity on the Dis? On our first trip, the place was nearly deserted. On our next trip, there was so much happening there, we ended up staying about 5 hours.

I'm actually VERY worried about that late akershus reservation but honestly more for my own crankiness! Jayla Is actually a trooper and could remain a perfect angel on very little sleep, I CAN'T but the princess dinner was her only request and I searched for weeks anyy opening I could find. I actually had to change days just to grab that one so I must find a way for it to work. As for m.kingdom Halloween party with the early BBB. I could deff. See that being a problem but again that was the only boutique time available so is it possible to squeeze in a nap that day?

The day of our BBB at 8:15 the park doesn't open until 9 . I was hoping we'd be done right about that time and the ressie might actually be 9:05 I have to double check that

First thing - calm down....YOUR GOING TO DISNEY.

It's the Happiest place on earth.:cool1:

I just wanted to tell you about 1 more option for the phone....I ordered an extra battery off amazon for under $4 (I think it was $3.56) - however it does not look like you have much time to wait for it to arrive. You could check locally for an extra battery, but my guess is it will cost around $50) Otherwise go with the charging thing. If you will be posting on FB and such, then your location info will have to be on and that will suck down the battery.

I do the same thing with posting my pics to fb, and then my mom takes them off and prints them and she will probably have our scrapbook 3/4 done by the time we get home :rotfl:

I hope you all have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy it.

do yourself a favor and go ahead and pick up the memory card at walmart.. that way you wont worry about it, and you will pay FAR FAR less for it there than you would at disney.

also.. remember. you need to figure at LEAST an hour to transport between your resort and where you are going.. or a park and where you are going. It MAY take less time than that. But if you assume it WILL take that long you wont have stress trying to get somewhere fast! :)

<slap> snap out of it woman!!!:rotfl:

You'll be fine but you will die if you wear jeans. Do you have capris? Or just wear the shorts if they fit, you'll be fine. I see many recommendations for sundresses and bodyglide in strategic places here on these boards.

Have fun!! You'll have such a great time with those plans.

On your MK day, add in the Buzz Lightyear ride -- your daughter will probably love it. And don't forget about the baby swap so you and BF can ride some of the "big" rides! Just remember that no matter how much you plan, something will get in the way -- with a little one, nothing is worse than having her cranky -- she'll be overstimulated, undernapped, not eating what she's used to. Don't hesitate to toss your plan out the window and take a break and go swimming or relax for a while! You'll ALL have a better time. Don't think that you have to get EVERYTHING in on this trip -- you'll be back, your daughter will be bigger, she'll love it just because there's so much to look at. Take it easy, relax!

And on the jeans thing -- unless you're horribly uncomfortable in shorts, just remember that nobody is looking at you. You'll see people who will look way worse than you ever will in shorts walking around (and wearing worse...). You may be able to handle your local hot weather in jeans, but believe me, when you're walking miles and miles, and out in the sun for so long, you'll sure wish you had shorts. If you're really uncomfortable in shorts, find some cotton sheeting capris or really light summer pants and wear those instead (try the thrift stores if you can't afford a new wardrobe)! Really, nobody but you cares what you look like, so be comfy instead of self-conscious. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter