Okay - I admit it! UPDATE pg.2

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
I'm a big kid at heart! :teeth: I spent most of the afternoon down on the beach building a sand castle.. Actually, I only "started" it - got the "first floor" done - which is about 2 and a half feet long and 2 feet wide.. Don't know how many stories high it's going to be yet - guess it all depends on when I run out of "steam" - LOL.. It was a GREAT day! Sun was shining brightly - probably got up to at least 75 degrees - the leaves have started to change colors - it was very, very quiet - and there was a very light breeze coming off of the lake.. Supposed to have more of the same weather tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get down there early and get to work.. Won't my granddaughter be surprised when she comes up this weekend? I was a little concerned because it's supposed to rain on Friday, but I'm building this mostly out of clay (which can be found way down under the sand) and it usually hardens quite nicely and isn't bothered by rain.. ;)

Don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I made a scarecrow on Sunday.. Ended up having to make a "lady" scarecrow though because I didn't have a hat that would fit on the head - LOL - so I tied a bandana on her head, with pine straw (thanks Froggy! :) ) sticking out for hair.. She's wearing jeans, a flannel quilted jacket, work gloves and slippers.. I have her sitting in a lawn chair right next to my steps.. In one hand she's holding a rake and sitting on the ground by her feet there's a decorated Halloween trick-or-treat basket, as well as a wicker basket filled with colorful leaves.. :)

Is this what they call "re-living your childhood?" :rotfl: :rotfl:

It sounds fun C.Ann. something you haven't had a whole lot of. You deserve it and need it. Enjoy :teeth:

Serena said:
It sounds fun C.Ann. something you haven't had a whole lot of. You deserve it and need it. Enjoy :teeth:
-------------------

Only problem is I'll probably NEVER get this clay out from under my nails - LOL!

Gotta keep the old mind occupied.. My birthday is later this week - the first without my DH - and I'll be up here alone, so I want/need something to concentrate on.. How "emotional" can digging in the dirt get, right? ;)

Tell everyone it's a new style of manicure. :rotfl2:

:hug:

and here i thought you were just coloring again :)

have fun,,,

glad the straw worked for ya:)

FroggyinArk said:
------------------

Oh - I am SOOOO beyond "coloring" now.. The creative juices are really flowing.. Maybe next week I'll chop down some trees and start building a log cabin... :rotfl2:

FroggyinArk said:

have fun,,,

glad the straw worked for ya:)

OMG froggy- thats EXACTLY what I thought when I opened this thread!!!

Good for you c.ann enjoy the outdoors!

Brandy

C.Ann said:
------------------

Oh - I am SOOOO beyond "coloring" now.. The creative juices are really flowing.. Maybe next week I'll chop down some trees and start building a log cabin... :rotfl2:

Okay if you go that far
you have to let me know
I can be there in 20 minutes with the camera :teeth:

must be quiet out there with the summer people mostly gone
How long are you going to stay or do you have heat and gonna make a winter of it???

Sounds like such fun C.Ann and I'm sure your little DGD will be impressed with your castle design :lovestruc !! I think we'd all be better off mentally if we'd let that little kid inside us come out and play more often. :teeth:

We've had a couple good weeks of weather in Md too. It's a big relief the temps are cooling and leaves starting to turn. Yeah, almost time to get out the sweatshirts. :goodvibes

So nice to "hear" you laughing C.ANN you are one person that absolutely deserves it. And don't forget to post pics of the log cabin when it's finished. :sunny:

Building a sand castle sounds like great fun. What therapy! Hey if you need a hand with the log cabin, just holla'. :flower:

I think doing stuff like that keeps you young! I love doing things like that too. I love to color, play on the swings and on and on. My nieces & nephews love hanging out with me because they know they can get me to do that stuff with them.

Good for you, don't be embarrassed! You more than most deserve this. Make sure you treat yourself to something special on your birthday!

kaylajr said:
must be quiet out there with the summer people mostly gone
How long are you going to stay or do you have heat and gonna make a winter of it???
------------------

It's VERY quiet with all the "summer people" gone.. :) Gotta love this time of year here..

I have heat, but the place isn't winterized (no basement to keep pipes from freezing) so sooner or later I'll have to go home.. :( I'll probably stay until at least Halloween - unless we get a bit of Indian Summer.. :)

Right now it's chilly and foggy out there - about 54 degrees.. I'll probably wait till noon time to go down to the lake- should be a bit warmer by then.. Saturday looks scary - a "high" of 44 degrees! :earseek:

Before you go back to the beach, scrape your nails over a bar of soap.

C.Ann said:
-------------------

Only problem is I'll probably NEVER get this clay out from under my nails - LOL!

Gotta keep the old mind occupied.. My birthday is later this week - the first without my DH - and I'll be up here alone, so I want/need something to concentrate on.. How "emotional" can digging in the dirt get, right? ;)

DMRick said:
Before you go back to the beach, scrape your nails over a bar of soap.

That just sounds painful... of course I have never really had nails. I bite em and the clay does not go under anything.

CANN I am glad to see you are having some fun!

It shouldn't be painful..you are just filling under the nails with soap..and then when you come in to wash, you won't have dirt under them. I do it whenever I'm going to work in the garden. I have very short nails (I work with paper a lot and it just dries them up) and it's perfect.

Julia Roberts said:
That just sounds painful... of course I have never really had nails. I bite em and the clay does not go under anything.

CANN I am glad to see you are having some fun!

C.Ann, I think you have been on a roll lately with having fun, based on some of your most recent posts. I am glad you are having so much fun! I try to be a "kid" as much as possible, its no fun getting too caught up in being grown-up and resonsible 24 hours a day. :goodvibes

Well today I used my head and wore rubber gloves.. :teeth: Don't know why I didn't think of that before..

So far I have 3 stories done.. This is gonna be a "high rise" and if anyone is interested in a place right on the lake, you can still purchase at the "Phase II" price.. If you wait till this baby is done, it's gonna cost you waaaaaay more.. :rotfl: We're talking prime location here.. ;)

Gotta get this done tomorrow and take photos - just in case the rain on Friday wipes it out..

Of course before I even got down there today the "nosey" neighbors (yeah - they're still here, darn it all) had to stop me as I passed by.. "Yoo hoo! C.Ann.. I noticed you were down to the beach for quite awhile yesterday.. Were you weeding? Are the kids coming this weekend? Why didn't they come last weekend? When are they taking the boat home? Will they be pulling their trailer out soon? How long are you staying?"

I bit my tongue and was polite.. "No, making a sand castle.. Yes.. Son-in-law had to build a deck down in the Catskills.. This weekend.. Next weekend..Sometime after Halloween.."

Course that wasn't good enough.. After I was down there about two hours they wandered down - with a camera.. "Where are you getting the clay from? How big is it going to be? Did you bring your lunch with you in that canvas bag? What are you going to do if it rains? Are you going to cover it? If it doesn't rain, how long are you going to leave it there? Are you going to take it down before you go home? Are you going to rake that area afterwords? Are you going to use any stones? Are you hot? Are you cold? How long are you going to be down here?"

Arrrgh... They're supposed to start closing up their place next week.. I can't wait!!!!!!! I may even offer to help! ;)

ahhh...your posts are always so fun! Sounds like you're having a grand time!

(those neighbors - sheesh! - you are so patient with them!)

You just keep on having fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter