Okay, have you heard of putting Fruit Loops on people's lawns before rain?

KerriSue said:
What does the salt do? Tell me it doesnt kill the grass?

Yep. Salt is not good for the grass. Or any other plants. They recommend ice melting products that don't contain salt for snow and ice removal on driveways and sidewalks in the winter here, because the salt can kill the grass and shrubs when it's washed off the driveway into the yard. For that matter, salt can damage the concrete on the driveway too.

I've never heard of anyone salting the yard. Renovating the lawn could get rather expensive I would think.

Lanshark said:
I would think it would.

Next time he has the urge to do something to someones yard you should really volunteer your own yard. That way you can admire the little buggers work yourself

ITA ::yes::

My neighbor's house was TP'd last year. I called her and said, "Awww, your daughter's popular!" She said she thought the same thing and was glad she didn't have to worry about her daughter having friends. BTW, the daughter and her friends cleaned up the mess that day. They had a ball! The mom baked them cookies. It CAN be an ok thing.

I don't know about other places, but around here forking and TPing is usually done by high school kids who know each other. It's like some sort of rivelry between friends, usually before a football game. Someone forks someone's lawn, then that person forks someone else they know trying to outdue what was done to them, etc. It is done for fun, it's not malicious, and the kids who live in the house have to clean it up. That's why the TPing and forking continues ... if they have to clean up TP and forks, they want to get revenge on the friends that TP'ed and forked them. Sometimes cheerleaders do it to football players, sometimes football players to cheerleaders, sometimes players and cheerleaders to coaches etc. It wouldn't bother me. It's not like walking through a mine field, getting hurt on fork tines. :lol The kids would just have to start in one corner and work their way through. It doesn't harm the lawn in any way. Actually, it's a form of airration, it's good for the lawn. :teeth:

Salt yeah, not good. Nor is weed killer, etc, anything that's destructive. Even TP can be bad because if thrown into a tall tree, with no way to clean up the TP, it just looks awful, especially after it rains.

Saffron said:
I don't know about other places, but around here forking and TPing is usually done by high school kids who know each other. It's like some sort of rivelry between friends, usually before a football game. Someone forks someone's lawn, then that person forks someone else they know trying to outdue what was done to them, etc. It is done for fun, it's not malicious, and the kids who live in the house have to clean it up. That's why the TPing and forking continues ... if they have to clean up TP and forks, they want to get revenge on the friends that TP'ed and forked them. Sometimes cheerleaders do it to football players, sometimes football players to cheerleaders, sometimes players and cheerleaders to coaches etc. It wouldn't bother me. It's not like walking through a mine field, getting hurt on fork tines. :lol The kids would just have to start in one corner and work their way through. It doesn't harm the lawn in any way. Actually, it's a form of airration, it's good for the lawn. :teeth:

Oh well then, as long as the kids have to clean it up and not me!

Thanks for the clarification. I realize I must have sounded like the crabby old "get off my lawn, you punks!" lady. I just couldn't get my head around the concept of "forking". Now I understand.

TP'ing is fun. I arrived at my boss's house a few weeks ago, and her trees were full of it. I walked in and said, "Well, it looks like *her 17 yr old son* is popular!" And she was like, "Really? I hope so, I was worried that he'd made someone mad." I assured her it was almost a twisted sign of respect among teens to TP someone's house.

TP'ing is a right of passage in our high school. Usually at our school the girls sports team does it to the boys sports team and visa versa. It's done all in fun and it decorates the neighborhood a little. :teeth:

Thats new, of course if you didnt like it you could always eat them later.

KerriSue said:
It kills the grass and can prevent new grass from growing for a pretty good period of time. Not a nice thing to do.

I never heard of forked or salted. And also I had never heard of chalking either until last year when our driveway had a huge chalk message on it for my ds. It was sidewalk chalk and colorful and lasted about a week. I thought it was cute.

Thanks for all the salt info.

I cant imagine someone putting salt into another persons yard, for fun. I would be absolutely furious if someone salted my grass. Hmmmm, maybe Ill do the punks yard down the street :rotfl2: Just kidding.

We 'forked' a friend's yard at Easter and added a special touch. We put a few hundred (yep, I said hundred) Peep rabbits and chicks on the handle end of the forks, then stuck the forked ends into the ground. It looked amazing and they loved it. The whole neighborhood loved it, in fact! :teeth:

Another friend's yard was "flowered" with dozens of cheap plastic flowers stuck into the grass. It looked so funny.

But the topper was when my cousin's yard was made to look like a cheap version of a graveyard. Someone put 30 or 40 of the cheapest Memorial Day cemetery decorations like the tacky plastic 'lace' crosses all over her front lawn. Now that was a sight! I think it made the local paper.

Its just good fun and silliness.

KerriSue said:

Yes. The salt is poured to spell out a message or word on the lawn. Not usually a nice one.

I just google "fruit loop lawn" and found NOTHING under web or images. So, don't think its true.

crazyforgoofy said:
We 'forked' a friend's yard at Easter and added a special touch. We put a few hundred (yep, I said hundred) Peep rabbits and chicks on the handle end of the forks, then stuck the forked ends into the ground. It looked amazing and they loved it. The whole neighborhood loved it, in fact! :teeth:

Another friend's yard was "flowered" with dozens of cheap plastic flowers stuck into the grass. It looked so funny.

But the topper was when my cousin's yard was made to look like a cheap version of a graveyard. Someone put 30 or 40 of the cheapest Memorial Day cemetery decorations like the tacky plastic 'lace' crosses all over her front lawn. Now that was a sight! I think it made the local paper.

Its just good fun and silliness.

Ok, the Peeps on forks sounds so funny. Actually so does the flowers. It's a right of passage around here too....TP mostly. The kids of the house it got done have to clean it up.

I've never heard of forking or salting before. Salting harms property and I would not be pleased and would probably make a police report.

I think it's a matter of respecting other people's property.

yep. guess i do not have a sense of humor, because i have never found this kind of stuff funny. i have no problem being the crabby lady in the neighborhood. tp-ing, egging, forking, shaving cream, salt...imnsho this is all vandalism of my property...especially if i am the one who has to clean it up. like i don't have enough to do already.

I have never heard of forking or fruit looping or the puzzle thing either. If I caught the brats I would call the parents (hoping they would not be permitting this type behavior) and I would call the police as well to report the vandalism. If my kids did something like that they would be doing chores and yard work for the victim for a month.

My senior year the big thing was to move the construction cones into peoples (friend's) yards and put caution tape all over there front doors - and shoe polish the windows on their cars. Those were the good ol' days- when we had nothing better to do than play gags on each other.

I am not TEAM Mom(DH a coach) of my son's little league football team (we are in playoffs) so I am so scared that I am going to wake up on Saturday AM's before our games and walk out to find something like this in my yard.. from the cheerleaders.

SwedishMeatball said:
Yeah, I guess if I woke up on a Saturday morning and had nothing planned, then I can imagine myself spending a couple hours picking plastic forks or puzzle pieces up out of my yard and just LMAO as I was doing it.

totally agree, I have an excellent sense of fun and humor and this isn't it :rolleyes: BTW...doing that to Fruit Loops is just sacrilegious :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter