• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay, Are the Ice Lights Something ALL Disers can Agree On?

You know when I saw pictures of them from the first year I thought they were beautiful but wasn't sure how I'd feel until I saw them for myself.

Well, I saw them over the Christmas trip we just took, and they are STUNNING. I was wowed by them!

Sorry to break a trend but I really don't like them.I think the castle is beautiful enough with regular lights and I don't really see the point in hanging icicles all over it. I wish they would stop touching the castle!

I saw the castle in person 2 weeks ago, it was stunningly beautiful.

I really wasn't fond of the gold stuff for the 50th celebration (whatever that was), but it was OK.

And now ::ducking my head:: I thought the birthday cake decorations were pretty!

LOVE them! In person, the castle is just beautiful! And, I love that during the day, it's still the simple castle like I like it too. It's the best of both, for me at least. Beautiful plain during the day and beautiful with the icicle lights at night. :lovestruc

I loved them.

We were there in December 2007 and decided to ride on the Astro Orbiter right around dusk. As we were coming around the first curve on the ride the lights on the castle started to come on. I was riding with my sister's five-year-old niece at the time and as soon as the ride ended she lept out of her seat, ran for the elevators and yelled, "The shiny castle...I must go to it." It was so cute.

I've never seen the in person either, but the pictures are stunning!

I remember the castle cake fiasco - it was hideous. We saw in on my DD's first trip to Disney - she was 5 so she didn't care WHAT the castle looked like as long as she got to go on Peter Pan again. (I do remember someone I worked with cancelling their Disney wedding because she thought the ugly castle would ruin her planned wedding pics.)
I love the new castle lights - does anyone know when they first turn them on? I'm trying to plan a week in November 2009 and I'd like to see them next year.

:lovestruc We happened to be passing through MK and had no idea the show was about to begin (The Castle Lighting). We were right on the foot bridge and the view wasn't straight on, but spectacular!

I thought the Castle looked amazing with the ice lights on it. Simply gorgeous. I just sat there and watched it change colors and oohed and aahed. It's beautiful.
DSC01640.jpg

never seen them in person but think they are stunning...:love: :cloud9:

I'm not what you would call a "Castle Purist"
I LOVE the ICE,.
I really liked the "Castle Bling" from two years ago.

Hated the "Birthday Cake"

I love the new castle lights - does anyone know when they first turn them on? I'm trying to plan a week in November 2009 and I'd like to see them next year.

They were on the castle when we went on November 17! We all loved them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wow what an incredible pic. I never seen the ice lights in person. I am going to need to put that on my checklist.

I didn't like the gold either.
I really wasn't fond of the gold stuff for the 50th celebration (whatever that was), but it was OK.

And now ::ducking my head:: I thought the birthday cake decorations were pretty!
I liked the birthday cake castle too.

I too like the ice castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter