• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay... answer me this. Made a ressie in hopes of free dining.

bertalander

Mouseketeer
In case it does NOT happen and I can't just add in the code. Will I then lose all my ADRs that I am making in the a.m.?

Aurgh!!!!!

Tell me it ain't so.

Boo hoo...

In case it does NOT happen. Will I then lose all my ADRs that I am making in the a.m.?

Aurgh!!!!!

Tell me it ain't so.

Could I just make ADRs only? Am I making sense?
The deal will be for new reservations only. 4 night stay and at least a 1 day park pass. so your ADR's will do you no good.keep your eyes out starting the week of April 5th.:wizard: pixie dust to you.

Free Dining: when/if/where/how/why.....it's all still total speculation at this point.

HOWEVER!!....if you make an ADR now, you won't "lose" it just because you don't have FD. But if you decide to keep it, you will have to pay for the meal, obviously, either out-of-pocket or with the paid DDP. Is that what you're asking?? Once you have an ADR on your ressie, it stays until you cancel it.

Free Dining: when/if/where/how/why.....it's all still total speculation at this point.

HOWEVER!!....if you make an ADR now, you won't "lose" it just because you don't have FD. But if you decide to keep it, you will have to pay for the meal, obviously, either out-of-pocket or with the paid DDP. Is that what you're asking?? Once you have an ADR on your ressie, it stays until you cancel it.

Yes you can keep your ADR'S but im saying you will not qualify for the free dining if you have already booked a room with dining. she was reading off her transmittal about the free dining when she was talking to me about a w.i.s.h program.they are still playing with the exact date to go live with it but it will be the week of april 5th that they know for sure.

Oh... sorry. Wasn't quite clear was I... but by 'lose' I meant:

If free dining does indeed come out for our dates BUT I have to make a new reservation (I've heard people have modified in past while others have had to do a whole new vacation package reservation) THEN do I lose the ADRs associated with the original vacation package reservation?

Does that make sense now?

Thanks!

Oh... sorry. Wasn't quite clear was I... but by 'lose' I meant:

If free dining does indeed come out for our dates BUT I have to make a new reservation (I've heard people have modified in past while others have had to do a whole new vacation package reservation) THEN do I lose the ADRs associated with the original vacation package reservation?

Does that make sense now?

Thanks!

ADRs are not connected to your vacation package at all. If you have ADRs now, & free dining comes out, you still have your ADRs. If it doesn't come out or if you didn't book the dining plan, you'll still have your ADRs. Anyone can book ADRs, you don't need to be on the dining plan to get them.

Regarding free dining & vacation packages: In the past, when free dining came out, your existing vacation package reservation needed to be cancelled & then you got a new vacation package reservation w/free dining. They cannot just add the free dining code to your currrent reservation. There are only so many rooms for the free dining deal at each resort.

Watch for free dining & call right away to get your dates & hotel.

The deal will be for new reservations only. 4 night stay and at least a 1 day park pass. so your ADR's will do you no good.keep your eyes out starting the week of April 5th.:wizard: pixie dust to you.

As a former res agent I can tell you a few things with about 90% surety. First I don't believe Disney will make it for new res only, I still have friends there and they don't think so either. Think about it this way....Disney isn't stupid they know guests will just make new res and then cancel the old ones creating more work and computer malfunctions.
secondly it doesn't matter if you have ADR or not already. ADR is a seperate computer program from room res. if you already have ADR those can be modified or not modified to say DDP. honestly those don't have to be modified, because when you get to the restaurant the server will ask you if you have the dining plan. go ahead and make your ADRs they have nothing to do with the free dining. even on the odd chance the free dining was only for new res that would be new ROOM res, not ADR res.

Regarding free dining & vacation packages: In the past, when free dining came out, your existing vacation package reservation needed to be cancelled & then you got a new vacation package reservation w/free dining. They cannot just add the free dining code to your currrent reservation. There are only so many rooms for the free dining deal at each resort.

Watch for free dining & call right away to get your dates & hotel.

I recently left working at the res center and I can confirm there are only so many rooms alloted to any special at each resort, this is to make it fair to all the discounts.
But the existing package does not need to be cancelled (unless it was a room only). In fact, res agents are not permitted to cancel a res and rebook it. They can get fired for that. They have to modify it. If the free dining is available it won't make a difference, availability wise, if the res is new or a mod, if it's availab;e it's available, and if it's not it's not. Also, if the free dining is not available at the resort you are currently booked in they can check other resorts easily.
I heard a rumor from a friend who is still an agent that the magic date is 4/7. my advice to you is check online to see if it is available and book it online as soon as it is (if the res center is not open yet). because the internet is 24 hrs but the res center doesn't open until 7 am eastern and some availability could be gone by then due to the internet. You can always call and cancel your old res (because you can't mod your existing res online).

Tinkcrazy,
Since you've worked in reservations, I agree that the simpler way would be to modify "existing" reservations if the dates work and that particular resort has the allotted rooms..Here are 2 questions..

How do you think the "free dining" will work for those folks on Deluxe Dining?Will a credit be given for the amount of the basic dining plan?

Also, theres' rumor on here, that Disney Reward Cardholders will get a jump, rumor is Monday, April 7th on free dining...Okay, if I have an existing reserv using another Visa Card, then now have a Disney Reward Visa Card, can I use my new Disney Reward Card when calling on the supposed April 7th date?
Or do you think I will have to cancel old reservation, get credit of $200 deposit, and make new reservation with Disney Reward Visa Card and give $200 again on Disney Card?

Thx for your insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fingers crossed for Free Dining!:goodvibes

There is no connection between ADR's and resort room reservations.

Remember, a significant number of people not staying on property make ADR's too so cancelling or changing a room reservation has no effect on ADR's as they aren't looked together.

The only time a room reservation comes into play if you want to use the 180 +10 days when making ADR's.

Tinkcrazy,
Since you've worked in reservations, I agree that the simpler way would be to modify "existing" reservations if the dates work and that particular resort has the allotted rooms..Here are 2 questions..

How do you think the "free dining" will work for those folks on Deluxe Dining?Will a credit be given for the amount of the basic dining plan?

Also, theres' rumor on here, that Disney Reward Cardholders will get a jump, rumor is Monday, April 7th on free dining...Okay, if I have an existing reserv using another Visa Card, then now have a Disney Reward Visa Card, can I use my new Disney Reward Card when calling on the supposed April 7th date?
Or do you think I will have to cancel old reservation, get credit of $200 deposit, and make new reservation with Disney Reward Visa Card and give $200 again on Disney Card?

Thx for your insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fingers crossed for Free Dining!:goodvibes

Jersey...I believe that the stipulations for past years has been that in order to qualify for the "jump" for Disney Visa card holders, you had to at least make your deposit on that card. So, I would say that if you wanted to book early, you would probably have to cancel your old reservation and re-book a new one with you Disney Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter