• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay, all who are going in Oct. speak up!!!

Yeah I get to join the Oct. people!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We moved our trip up a month yeah!!! :) :)

My son really wants to go to Halloween party!!

My husband, son and mother as well as me are going for some Halloween fun oct. 12-17 staying at Hojo :wizard:

:yay: :woohoo: :banana:

Oct 3rd - 5th, Quality Inn - DH and Me for a quick little trip, first trip using AP! :goodvibes

Skipping out on the Party on Oct 3rd, since we couldn't decide what the lines would be like and realized we only wanted to ride Toy Story and nothing else. Oh, and the tiny factor that we are a good 5 years away from even having a kid, let alone the kid being old enough to enjoy it all...

Oct 3rd - 5th, Quality Inn - DH and Me for a quick little trip, first trip using AP! :goodvibes

Skipping out on the Party on Oct 3rd, since we couldn't decide what the lines would be like and realized we only wanted to ride Toy Story and nothing else. Oh, and the tiny factor that we are a good 5 years away from even having a kid, let alone the kid being old enough to enjoy it all...

You have the exact same weekend as I do - 10/3 - 10/5 - though I am at the PPH. I am on the fence about the TOT party. It wouldn't make much financial sense to get the tickets, I don't think. It would have to really be worth it - I mean, I don't care about not having kids; that wouldn't stop me from going in to the TOT party, but paying the extra money on top of the other tickets we have would require extra special fun for my friends and me, and I don't know if it would be worth it. I am assuming that the Toy Story line would be less crowded at night during the party than in the day, because not everyone is going to have tickets to the party that would be in the parks during the day. I am still debating, but I think I am leaning towards not getting the TOT tickets.

Does anyone know if the Photopass photographers are on patrol during the TOT Party?

Yeah I get to join the Oct. people!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We moved our trip up a month yeah!!! :) :)

My son really wants to go to Halloween party!!

My husband, son and mother as well as me are going for some Halloween fun oct. 12-17 staying at Hojo :wizard:

:yay: :woohoo: :banana:

Woo hoo, NicksMommy, we'll be at HoJo the 12th-16th! I'll have a lime-green Mickey Head somewhere on us, so if you see us say HI! We're staying in Building one-- requested a top floor room. :banana:

We are going to be there from Oct 19-Oct 26. There will be 4 of us....myself, DH, DS (9), & DD (7). Staying at the HoJo. We are meeting up in Anaheim with another couple as well so I guess technically there will be 6 of us. :)
MTOTP on the 22nd!!! :yay:

We'll be there about the same time: the 18th - 25th and we're staying at the HoJo also. :thumbsup2

We are headed down the 10th-18th!! Can't wait. Im somewhat new to the boards....have been lurking for awhile;) ...and have picked up awesome tips from everyone. Thanks!

We are headed down the 10th-18th!! Can't wait. Im somewhat new to the boards....have been lurking for awhile;) ...and have picked up awesome tips from everyone. Thanks!

Awesome !! We'll be there from the 10th - 12th !!

Its gonna be me, TheAXIOM, disneyL0VE, and shyboy72 !!

It is interesting that you mention what is value season and what is not. Prior to this year, there were concrete blocks of time that were considered 'off-peak' and the hotel rates were dropped accordingly. However, Central Reservations told me last year that as of THIS year (2008), they were going to try a different way of gauging the off-peak season rates. They told me that they were going to base the prices not on specific dates but on what the trends seemed to be. The way it was explained to me last year was that, for example, if they noticed that October was getting to be pretty busy based on early bookings, they would not consider that 'off-peak' and would charge the rates applicable to the busier times of year - the 'peak-rates, if you will. It used to be that mid-September to mid-October were considered off-peak. Then, late October was regular season. Then, early November was off-peak, but from mid-November on through the rest of the year, it was considered peak season. Now, October seems to be getting busier than it used to be. I THINK that when I checked the DL site for the rates for PPH without the PIN offer in October, they WERE charging the off-peak season rates, though those rates seemed to have gotten slightly higher than they used to be. But even the off-peak rates are substantially higher than the rates with the discount or the AP holders' rates.

In my never-ending quest to plan the perfect Disney vacation...:lmao: ...I called yest. and spoke with a CM about my 2009 trip, asking about the value seasons again. He indicated, as someone had before, that it was thus and so, but that the "powers that be" might have some other times in mind. This is not the way it's done for WDW, and makes it harder to "break the code" for good deals at DL! My plan right now is just to book in early Oct. and hope that the price can be adjusted for the DLH. Otherwise, we'll end up staying the first couple of days in a nearby good neighbor hotel such as Hojo (which I know nothing about except that it gets a lot of mention here).

Hi everybody!

My wife and I are heading down Oct 12 - 18 and we'll be staying at the HoJo. We stayed there earlier this year in March and it was perfect. Plus, you can't beat those Entertainment rates!. We're pretty excited.

Hi everybody!

My wife and I are heading down Oct 12 - 18 and we'll be staying at the HoJo. We stayed there earlier this year in March and it was perfect. Plus, you can't beat those Entertainment rates!. We're pretty excited.

Please enlighten me on the Entertainment rates.

We are going to GCH from Oct. 12-18th. DH, myself, 4 kiddies still at home.
Oldest daughter, hubby and 2 kids, next daughter, hubby and baby daughter.
Then we are meeting up with sister and her two kiddies for a couple of the days. And maybe another set of friends we have that live down there!!

I am so excited!! :banana: :banana:

We may take a day and go to the beach and goof around, maybe drive down to San Diego and hit Sea World???

Will have to see how the $$ are stretching!! :laughing:

Please enlighten me on the Entertainment rates.

Have you ever seen those Entertainment coupon books? Many schools and other organizations sell them for fund-raising opportunities. They contain a number of buy-one-get-one-free types of coupons, as well as savings on hotels, car rentals, and travel. I don't have a high enough post count to post the link, but you can find info about the book here by googling "Entertainment Book".

Howard Johnson Anaheim is among the many hotels that offer significant savings on rooms when you book using the Entertainment card. They have set aside a number of days each year where you can get 50% off the regular rate (it ends up being $59 - $74 per night). If you book on days that are not eligible for the 50% off rate, they'll still give you a 15% discount for using the card when you book.

You can learn more directly from HoJo's website. Again, I can't post the link yet, but search for HoJo Anaheim, find the discussion boards, and info is there.

I hope that helps.

In my never-ending quest to plan the perfect Disney vacation...:lmao: ...I called yest. and spoke with a CM about my 2009 trip, asking about the value seasons again. He indicated, as someone had before, that it was thus and so, but that the "powers that be" might have some other times in mind. This is not the way it's done for WDW, and makes it harder to "break the code" for good deals at DL! My plan right now is just to book in early Oct. and hope that the price can be adjusted for the DLH. Otherwise, we'll end up staying the first couple of days in a nearby good neighbor hotel such as Hojo (which I know nothing about except that it gets a lot of mention here).

Granny, are you planning your trip for NEXT October, or this upcoming one in 2008? I assumed that you meant you were going this year, but you just said 2009. Or were you only going this year if you could get a deal?

Anyway, as helpful as Disney CMs are, we do find that different ones tell us different things, so I wonder who their "powers that be" are and what other times they have in mind for a value season. Basically, when it boils down to it, there are NO "value" hotels at Disneyland. All you can do is hope for a random special deal to come along and pounce on it, or get an AP, which offers dscount rates at the hotels. It is all expensive, which is why so many of our members on this board stay at Good Neighbor/off-property hotels and have a perfectly wonderful time anyway at a much better price. Maybe, if we had AS MANY Disney hotels to choose from at the DLR as there are to choose from at WDW, there would be more of a range from true 'value' to moderate to luxury, like WDW has.

I don't think they will adjust a DLH rate to the PIN # rate UNLESS you get the PIN # offer after you have booked a room, or if you get very lucky and they want to 'Dream' you. From what I have been told repeatedly by the Reservations people, for this upcoming October, both the PPH AND the DLH are booked up as far as the rooms associated with that specific code/offer. I THOUGHT that there may be more rooms available at the regular 'off-peak' season rates, but apparently those rooms were booked too, as of this past Monday. BUT, people cancel and change their dates all the time, so you just have to keep calling back and seeing if anything has opened up. Are you opposed to staying at the DLH at the regular 'off-peak' rate, which is substantially lower than the 'peak season rate'? You could also stay at PPH (slightly cheaper than the DLH and a little newer) and just wander over to the DLH grounds a lot so you can get the full experience!!

Anyway, good luck in your quest! I totally understand the need to get the best deal possible (I am a comparison shopper and bargain hunter at heart) in these extremely hard economic times, BUT I also understand the preference to want to stay in one of the Disney hotels instead of the off-site ones. Even though the off-site hotels are great, from what everyone here says, you do feel like you are 'in the middle of the magic' being at one of the actual Disney hotels. It kind of extends the whole Disney experience.

Sorry if this has already been answered but when is the least crowded time to go in October. Our AP's will expire in November so I want to get one last trip in before then. I know Micky's holloween thing is going on but is there anything else that could cause it to be busy?

Sorry if this has already been answered but when is the least crowded time to go in October. Our AP's will expire in November so I want to get one last trip in before then. I know Micky's holloween thing is going on but is there anything else that could cause it to be busy?

This year, there are outside factors which may cause it to be busier in October. There is the previously mentioned PIN# offer for the hotel rates, which is drawing an out of the ordinary crowd to DLR in October. Plus, throw in things like Columbus Day weekend, Gay Days in early October, the Yom Kippur holiday, certain AZ and UT schools being out on fall break, etc. So it is hard to predict now what the least busy part of that month will be. I would assume that very early October would be less busy than mid-late October. Just my guess. And mid-week is better than a weekend.

However, as previous posters have stated on other threads, because of the terrible economy and the high gas prices, that may drive down some business, which has already happened this summer.

certain AZ and UT schools being out on fall break

In Utah, they have the UEA break on Oct 16 and 17, and the University of Utah has a week-long fall break this year Oct 13 - Oct 19. That's why my wife and I are going. It's looking like it might be more crowded than we were anticipating.

Have you ever seen those Entertainment coupon books? Many schools and other organizations sell them for fund-raising opportunities. They contain a number of buy-one-get-one-free types of coupons, as well as savings on hotels, car rentals, and travel. I don't have a high enough post count to post the link, but you can find info about the book here by googling "Entertainment Book".

Howard Johnson Anaheim is among the many hotels that offer significant savings on rooms when you book using the Entertainment card. They have set aside a number of days each year where you can get 50% off the regular rate (it ends up being $59 - $74 per night). If you book on days that are not eligible for the 50% off rate, they'll still give you a 15% discount for using the card when you book.

You can learn more directly from HoJo's website. Again, I can't post the link yet, but search for HoJo Anaheim, find the discussion boards, and info is there.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for that info, and I will go to that website to check it out. I have heard of the Entertainment coupon books...haven't bought one in a long time, and I'm assuming you have to purchase one in California for the Hojo deal, right?

Sherry E, you mentioned a Regular season "off peak" rate...I'm not familiar with that term. Help me understand how that differs from value season rates, please.
To answer your initial question, it is for 2009 that I am planning, but for me, a Disney nut, it's never too soon to plan. I do appreciate the above mention of what makes Oct. busy, because right now, I am leaning toward going the end of Sept., first week of Oct., depending on next year's calendar.
Thanks again for your help!! I would like to be in the middle of the magic, and having my sister to split the cost will help out; but if we find out that the DLH is going to cost too much for the whole week, we will stay part of it at Hojo or someplace else you guys can recommend. I just don't know when I'll get back again so this trip is gonna be a "bang up" one, if I can make it so!!!

I'm assuming you have to purchase one in California for the Hojo deal, right?

Nope. Buy the coupon book for your local area so you can take advantage of the coupons for local businesses. They (and other places that accept the card) will accept your card regardless of your area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter