• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay, about the Polynesian, I forgot to ask something...............

disneykindofgal

Earning My Ears
How is transportation to and from the theme park? We will be traveling like I said with 2 children, ages 6 and 8 so we don't want to be walking all over the place at the hotel to catch transportation. We will be doing enough walking at the parks to do us for a LONG time, LOL princess:

Best transportation on property IMO.

You can monorail or take the small launch :boat: to the MK. You can also visit CR and GF via monorail. You can take the short walk to the TTC and catch the EPCOT monorail.

Buses to AK and Disney Studios are available at the Polynesian or if you've just missed one, walk over to the TTC and catch a park bus there. Returning from those parks, take whichever bus comes first...Polynesian or MK(which will drop you off at the TTC for that short walk).

The ferries offer yet another mode of transportation to/from MK especially in the middle of the day when returning ferries from the MK aren't crowded at all.

I second BCV: IMO, the Poly has the best set-up for transportation of all the resorts. We utilized the small launch boats almost exclusively to/from MK; they run 2-3 launches at a time so the wait is never long, it is a relaxing way to wind down and the time frame is nearly equal to the monorail (launch stops at GF before the Poly coming back from MK, the monorail stops at CR and TTC before going on to the Poly). Only downside with the launch is that you have to fold up your stroller. You will absolutely love the Polynesian with all the pool, kids activites (my kids especially liked the free arcade times!) and gorgeous grounds. Have a wonderful time!

Totally agree with all the above posters. Just know that the Poly is comprised of 11 (I think) longhouses that are somewhat spread out (the degree to which they are spread out is apparently a bit subjective). You will have to walk out of your longhouse and some distance to the Great Ceremonial House to catch the MK monorail and walk some distance to the TTC. IMO, no matter which longhouse you're in, your walk to either GCH or TTC will never be LONGER, and will probably be significantly shorter, than around 7 minutes.

It is the BEST transportation on property; that's PART of why it's more $$$!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter