• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ok what do you guys know about this place?

I honestly can't remember this particular hotel. I've looked over the website with the hopes that something will jog my memory, but I've got nothing. $49 is a good deal for a hotel in Anaheim. Makes me suspicious. Of course, I stayed once at the Penny Sleeper Hotel once for a bit less than that. Did you check out the size of the TV in the room pic? 9 inches max!

According to tripadvisor it has over 50 reviews of this hotel. I got a $54.99 rate for my stay in July/August - the reviews are up and down - but a few things are consistent with this hotel - it is clean, close to DL entrance (5-10 minute walk) and a great value for the money - Even the places that give it bad reviews say its a great value for the money.

I figure like this - when I walk in a hotel room, before I enter the room I always ask for clean linens - and if the comforter doesn't look clean, I'm not above "accidentally" dropping liquids on the spreads for all clean linen - I've done it plenty times - in the best of hotels. As long as the room is clean I'm okay - I have no intension of spending much time in the room anyway.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...laza_Hotel_and_Suites-Anaheim_California.html

I've never stayed there, but some friends did last summer. They said they will never go back. It wasn't overly dirty, but not as clean as it could have been. There was no refrigerator in the room like the hotel description said there would be. When they asked for one, the hotel wanted to charge them $10 per day. They complained and were finally told that they couldn't just bring a fridge to the room, my friends would have to change rooms. Too much hasle. They said if the staff was a little more pleasant, the stay would have been adequate though.

We have stayed there several times and never had a problem. The rooms that we stayed in were larger than at some of the other hotels. Also, we had a refrigerator. One time, we even had a microwave. Just let them know when you check-in that you want a room with them. The rooms were always clean. We would stay there again.

The room I had there was clean though a bit worn and some mechanical issues arose. The AC didn't work and the lamp at the bedside had a broken socket. Not just inopperable, I went to turn the light on and the socket fell over with the lampshade and all. The decore was on par with an older motel. The place feels like a dated (50's) apartment complex though it has lots of greenery and a large pool. The location is good. I personally won't go back but for an inexpensive place it is just okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter