• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK What am I missing here?

Sally Bradley

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I want to book 3 adults and 1 9-yr-old child for a split stay...4 days starting Jan 2 at GF and 3 days at AKL...winter dream maker package.

I called DC ressies today to check prices. After first quoting me a total price of $5000+ (eeek!) which I knew was wrong, I finally got a quote of GF Standard room (4 nites) + AKL deluxe Savannah (3 nites) for $3746. I booked it under DC rules, so can cancel if need be.

I also checked Disney.com and was quoted GF garden view (4 nites) AKL Deluxe Sav (3 nites) for $4775.

Then I checked Expedia and found GF lagoon view + AKL Sav for $3769 and GF lodge concierge + AKL Sav for $3939.

It looks to me like the Expedia deal is better than the WDW ressies I made. Am I missing something like a hidden fee? The price from Expedia supposedly included taxes, fees, etc. The only down side I could see was having to pay it all up front.
And why such different prices between the 3?

Help me out...am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Sally

Did you continue on to the next screen on Expedia? The cost of the passes is added on in the next screen, increasing your total from the first screen.

Yup. The price INCLUDED passes. I continued to the next screen where they were added on and I still got the $$. What I really found interesting was the big difference between Disney.com and calling WDW ressies.

Expedia was cheaper for me. I ended up at the WL. I checked expedia, calling disney and online disney.

Just be careful with Expedia. I've seen so many people show up at a hotel that they booked through Expedia, and their package was all wrong!! No reservation, no tickets, etc. And Expedia is very hard to get a hold of to correct these situations!

Have you tried getting a quote from Dreams Unlimited? I have found them to have great rates- also if any "deals" come up they will make sure you get them if you qualify!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter