• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK, this is really creepy... WDW knockoff park

What's the theme anyway? Trashy? Lol, I have another theory, maybe the park isn't finished yet? You know, maybe it still has a ways to go before it's done? Either way I don't like the Disney spinoff idea...

You know, maybe it still has a ways to go before it's done?

Ohhhh... I think it is done, waayyy done. :tilt: It looks like it has been sitting there for a while just to fall apart. :sad2:

I completely feel nightmares coming on because of viewing all of those park's pics...

Mike :scared:

Yep... Nara Dreamland is pretty creepy. Theme Park Review is a great site... I bought their DVD sets from the last two years, and they're great, well produced, and worth it if you're a coaster fan. The most recent set, Vol. 5, also has some great footage from Tokyo Disneyland. I highly recommend their DVDs. As far as I know, Rob is a DISer... I've seen him post here before.

LOL - Don't think I'll make a trip there any time soon!

Ok. I don't know what's up with this but I can't stop thinking about the knockoff park and how creepy it is. Last night I had a nightmare about it. What's wrong with me?

Ali

Wow...

Those pics made me think of all the amusement park operators and bankers/financiers that told Walt that he was crazy to try and build a 'theme park', and would go belly-up in a few years; that park must be in the universe where the money-men and nay-sayers were right!

Can't help but wonder..... are the :mickeybar made of real mouse heads? And do they have dole wipes? :crazy:

OK, I thought I had better relate my experience with this theme park.

My wife and lived in Japan during the early 1990’s and took a trip to Kyoto and Nara one spring. In Nara we rented some bicycles and literally stumbled upon Nara Dreamland. As I remember it was early afternoon, so we decided to go in and check the place out.

We had absolutely no expectations going in. We had visited a few theme parks while living in Japan including Tokyo Disneyland. We figured we would go in a for a few rides, have some lunch and get back on our bikes and head back to the excellent temples that Nara has.

Well, the moment we entered the park it was obvious what they were up to. The whole place was obviously designed as a knock-off of Disneyland. I remember going into the castle and realizing that the whole thing was made of rotting wood. The Dreamland version was also filled with lockers that didn’t seem to work.

We went on Dreamland version of the Jungle Cruise. Talk about an attraction needing an update. It looked as if nobody had fixed anything here in 30 years. I remember looking at some animal (hippo I think) whose head was missing. The weird thing was that there was still a robotic arm sticking out of the neck that once controlled the movement of the missing head. And get this, the robotic arm still moving even though the head was long gone.

There was a Fantasyland of sorts. I remember going into a bunch of dark rides that were all exactly the same. Someone had tried to fix them up by adding cheap plastic figurines, dolls and masks to make it seem there was something worse seeing.

All in all I found Dreamland to be quite fascinating. Some of you may remember the old Star Trek episode where Captain Kirk and company find an alternate universe where everything is the opposite. Well, in that universe you would find Dreamland as the opposite version of Disneyland.

I had the same experience...although we were at Universal Studios in 2002!! :rotfl: We could walk down WHOLE streets and not see another living person. DH and I thought it definitely didn't have the magic.

That is too creepy! So strange, I wonder if they had to pay to get in :confused3 . That place has potential, but as is its a dump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter