Ok, someone please humor me has anyone ever got lucky on a BOG dinner cancellation?

Yup! After we decided we were going I started checking a few times a day.
-before I left for work
-lunch time
-after work
-sometime during the evening.

That's what I do and so far no luck.

How close to the day you wanted to go did you find a free spot?

I got one too :goodvibes:

We booked our trip after our 180 day window opened, so I just kept trying. And trying. And trying. Every time I thought of it, I took 2 seconds to open the app and check. Finally got one earlier this week - 4 people on Saturday July 5 in 6:30-7pm range. Score! The time was great for us and that was my preferred day (I had been checking for 3 different days).

I'm thinking that as people's 45-days out approaches and they need to pay off their resort packages, there are some cancellations. And probably also a couple days out of the actual ADR too

Keep trying :wizard:
Good luck!!!!

Yup.
Our most recent trip was very "last minute" for a full blown trip (2 months notice) and I managed to score a 5pm reservation within a week. My wife kept checking to see if we could get closer to 6 to take instead and while she didn't find that particular time slot, there were three or four she saw over that time.

Booked trip a week ago for Nov' 2014. Started making reservations over the last couple of days. Wife said she want's BOG...Husband (ME)...it's booked up babe! Dedicated husband... :coffee: :scared: nothing for almost a week....all of a sudden just now..... :tink: got a reservations for day 2 at 7:05!

Honestly, I just kept a screen up with BOG and clicked through the week. All of a sudden the screen looked different and there was a 7:05. It's later than we wanted, but I jumped on it!

Good luck, hang in there and try that method. I think it will show up. As more cancellations appear, people will jump on those and give up there other reservations! Good luck!!!!!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to tell the wife!!!!! She will be excited!.

I just got one for 8 people at 6:30 oct 11th. I did what everyone else did and checked constantly!!!

Yup.......
I checked three and four times a day, at all hours, for over a month, before I snagged our BOG dinner reservation.
Don't give up. :thumbsup2

We actually got two! First was a8:15, then we found a 7:00. (I already dropped the 8:15) I checked every time I picked up my iPad. Keep trying!

I have also been successful by obsessively checking.

I always got a BOG dinner around 2 am. It just magically popped up on the screen.

I have done this at least 3 times already.

Interesting luvmarypoppins - what time zone are you in?

Also make sure the date you want is not a MNSSHP night because you will need a ticket to the event for that if it falls in your dining time frame.

Actually they don't let anyone book past about 7pm for MNSSHP nights. It's extra hard to get a MNSSHP night, as the restaurant closes early, party goers love to book the earlier time slots, and people not attending the party love to snap up the times closer to 7pm to extend their time in the park.

I have tried to get ressie unsuccessfully for mid October. Your posts have encouraged me not to give up. :cheer2:

We are staying offsite at the beginning of November. I wanted to book BOG and the Wishes Dessert Party on the same day. So when the day came last week for me to book, I was able to be the Dessert Party right at 6 am but, of course, BOG was booked. But I felt like I could probably still get a BOG ADR if I just kept checking. After all I had about 6 months to get a reservation. Plus I was reading the boards and other people said they just kept checking and got reservations.

So I just kept checking. And since I had a more specific need, which was to eat at BOG and then have the Dessert Party on the same day, I knew it would be a little harder. But that's what I wanted. So I checked first thing every morning, during the day, and in the afternoons/evenings when I got home. I even had Disney Dining on speed dial on my phone so that I could call when I had a chance at work. Then one afternoon, a couple of days ago I just kept clicking the Find a Table button over and over constantly for 30 minutes. I know I looked obsessed with it but I didn't care. I just watched tv and kept clicking over and over. Then I went to the kitchen and came back and clicked again and a it said Available Times. I was floored! I wasn't even signed in. So I clicked on the time and signed in but wasn't successful. The time disappeared. I didn't get it. But that only gave me hope. So for another 30 minutes, I kept clicking over and over and then the same time I had just tried to get came back up again. This time I was signed on so I was able to get the reservation. I was so happy and glad that I was not going to have to keep looking for the next 6 months! The only concern I have is that our reservation is for 6:50 pm and our reservation for the Dessert Party is for 8 pm. I told DH to already know what he wants for dinner before we go. I may keep checking for an earlier time although not as obsessively since we are already in!! So yes, there is hope. Just be diligent and on it!!

Last July I got one three days before we left. It was at 4 pm but that didn't matter. I checked 3-4 times a day.

Yes, last month in fact. I got a table for four at 7pm on a Friday night. I snagged it two days before, mid day.

I snagged a 6pm for my July trip. I booked my trip in Feb and it took until Mid March but I got it. Like other posters have said never give up.

We booked a last minute trip last year and I kept checking like at least ten times a day and one popped up. If you follow the cancellation thread for whichever month you are going you might be able to time someones cancellation and get it. Good luck!

Yep. I just grabbed one for Thursday night at 6:00. :)

We've been incredibly lucky at BoG. In November 2012, we happened upon a soft open dinner (on our anniversary no less) and last year they extended park hours and added reservation times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter