• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK - seriously - is there ANY good food in DHS???

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
I really haven't had much luck w/ meals at DHS at all. I was going to book a Fantamic Dinner Package there for Nov 24th, but they are all booked up - I might keep trying as it gets closer. I will deal with the food if I can get a Fantasmic Package! In the meantime, I guess I will plan on counter service. Where is the best counter service at DHS?

If there is a good place to eat at DHS I haven't found it yet. I plan all my meals for before and after I leave the park. Good Luck!

ps I usually go to Epcot to eat if I'm at the Studios

Good luck. Even the CS restaurant next to Star Tours, which usually is okay, was pretty bad when we ate there earlier this month...the french fries are now some sort of processed potato product.

Your best bet is the CS place next to HISTK playground; the wraps are pretty good and my dh likes the pulled pork sandwiches.

Sorry, I'm not very good with the CS names at DHS!!!! :)

Yes. The Brown Derby has great food, IMHO.:thumbsup2

My wife likes the Ahi tuna. I like the Noodle Bowl and the Filet. Then there is the Cobb Salad that one can eat as a meal. Don't forget the Grapefruit Cake, It is super good.

If you can get into Brown Derby then try there. As for a good CS meal um there really isn't an outstanding one. I like Pizza Planet just because it has to do with one of my favorite movies and they give rice crispy treats for dessert.

Sorry for the double...

As for counter service, the pulled pork sandwich at Studio Catering Company is pretty good, my wife gets it alot. I like the Cuban Sandwich and the Asian Salad at the ABC Commisary.

Oh yeah we went to SCC and it was good. Forgot about that place.

Your best bet is the CS place next to HISTK playground; the wraps are pretty good and my dh likes the pulled pork sandwiches.

Sorry, I'm not very good with the CS names at DHS!!!! :)

We ate there in March and I too had major name confusion. I always thought of the location as the Studio Catering Company which had been renamed to the Flatbread Grill. The receipt states “Terrace Grill” so I assume that is the correct name. It was the best CS we ever had at MGM/HS. We had two pulled pork sandwiches and a chicken meal. The pork was pretty good (WCC was better) but the chicken was a little dry. I have photos in my dining review of both this location and MM.

For sit-down Brown Derby is the best (FDP or not). I like 50's PT for lunch but am considering giving the sci-fi another try - we had a disaster meal there in 2001. We have done the FP at all three locations - MM is not that bad on most nights. My biggest complaint in March was that they did not server bread to go with the meal - I read that has changed in a couple of reports. I don't care for the buffet at H&V.

DHS is the park I have the hardest time eating in.

I guess it really depends on what you are looking for.

We like Toy Story Pizza Planet and Rosie's All American Cafe has decent burgers.

It seems everyone feels the same about the food in DHS. I think it is time we all start writing Disney to say to them fix this problem please.

IMO, the counter service at DHS is absolutely AWFUL!!! Our food at the Commisary was ehh, DD's burger & fries tasted like fish (guess they hadn't bothered to change the oil in awhile :rolleyes1 ) Personally, the sauce on the pizzas at Pizza Planet is yuck. They look goood, but the taste is awful.

H&V was the worse buffet we've ever been to.

Mama Melrose, 50's PTC & Sci-Fi have all be good. Not "amazing", "wow" but good.

Brown Derby, is our absolute favorite restaurant on property :banana: :love: We have had fantastic food & service there every single time!

I like the seared tuna at Brown Derby. An easy choice.

I also happen to like the cuban sandwich and the curry bowl at ABC---I know, not DIS-approved, but hey, I like 'em.

I like the seared tuna at Brown Derby. An easy choice.

I also happen to like the cuban sandwich and the curry bowl at ABC---I know, not DIS-approved, but hey, I like 'em.

Sometimes it is good to stand away from the crowd and say you know what I did like this item. If more people are not afraid of the firing squad and admit to their weird likings we would have a more rounded idea. My question to you though is are you normally a curry enthusiast? That dish has tempted me in an emergency just on the basis that it is not normal CS fare.

What about pizza planet place in dhs? We are eating at the sci -fi I hope that one is good!!!

Sometimes it is good to stand away from the crowd and say you know what I did like this item. If more people are not afraid of the firing squad and admit to their weird likings we would have a more rounded idea. My question to you though is are you normally a curry enthusiast? That dish has tempted me in an emergency just on the basis that it is not normal CS fare.

I agree! For us, that's the only things we do like at DHS (nope, not even impressed with Brown Derby, it was fair, not great). The curry and cuban sandwiches are very good (so far), and we used to love the tabbouleh that they had. If you box yourself in to much, you are apt to miss some very good dining experiences at WDW.

It seems everyone feels the same about the food in DHS. I think it is time we all start writing Disney to say to them fix this problem please.

Not me! We love 50'S Prime Time and Sci Fi! They are our favorite restaurants in all of WDW! We have to eat there every trip. We just ate at both places when we were there in June and the food was great. AK is the park that I don't like to eat in. I guess like with everythink else it is to each his own!

DH and I really enjoyed 50's PTD -- it was a lot of fun and thought the food was good. Mmmmm... a huge serving of fried chicken....

I also liked the curry at ABC... wasn't expecting much, but was really craving something non-hamburger/sandwichy and was very pleasantly surprised. It wasn't particularly spicy (hot), but it was flavorful.

Against most of the reviews I have read, we are going to try H&V for the Fantasmic Dinner Package in a month's time. I figure if the food is that awful, we can still make it to Epcot for F&W (EMH) later on in the evening to make up for it! :joker:

We have enjoyed 50's, Hollywood and Vine, as well as Sci Fi. I am not sure if it is the food or if the atmosphere creates a feeling of satisfaction. Each dining experience at DHS has been awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter