OK, now I'm really scared!! Help!!

DaisyMom618

Earning My Ears
I was reading a thread about WDW in February and now I am TOTALLY freaked!!!! :scared1: I will be in the World Monday Feb. 8th through Friday Feb. 12th. My DS5 and I will be arriving late on Monday and leaving early afternoon on Friday (those will be non-park days for us). Thankfully, I already have all my ADR's but we do not have the hopper option on our tickets. The dates we will be there are BEFORE any of the holidays/events happening in Feb. that could make crowd levels horrible. I have not been since 2000, I was there during the food and wine festival (which I LOVE!:love:). Can someone tell me from experience if the crowds will be worse than that (the F&W Fest) because I do not remember them being too bad! I would think they would be worse for a special event like the F&W Festival? Please... someone calm me down! This is DS5's 1st trip to WDW and his 6th Bday celebration! I just want it to be as wonderful as possible! :hug: Thank you!

Daisymom, you'll have a great time, no matter what the crowds are. Just have a fast pass strategy worked out, and if you don't need it, that's even better. I did the solo mom w/ my son when he was 6, it was great. W/out hoppers do you have entry for 3 days and thus 3 parks (tues., wed., thurs.)? Do your adrs determine which parks you'll be @?

We went in February 2007 for DH's 40th Birthday (we were there 11th-18th) and we didn't find it all that bad at all. We have been in Augst, September, October, February and April and did not notice that much difference between February and late August.

All I can suggest is get to the parks early and use Fast Pass and you will be absolutely fine :)

Daisymom, you'll have a great time, no matter what the crowds are. Just have a fast pass strategy worked out, and if you don't need it, that's even better. I did the solo mom w/ my son when he was 6, it was great. W/out hoppers do you have entry for 3 days and thus 3 parks (tues., wed., thurs.)? Do your adrs determine which parks you'll be @?

Yes! I thought I had it all worked out. I selected these restaraunts because of my DS's interests. He will absolutly love :love: these choices! I know it's Disney so I'll have a magical time and I will have mommy son time, but I really didn't want to have to fight through huge crowds! I want him to experience as much as he can, our trip is short.:sad1:

We went in February 2007 for DH's 40th Birthday (we were there 11th-18th) and we didn't find it all that bad at all. We have been in Augst, September, October, February and April and did not notice that much difference between February and late August.

All I can suggest is get to the parks early and use Fast Pass and you will be absolutely fine :)

Thanks! I plan to get to the parks for rope drop, however, I don't want it set in stone so I am not disappointed if we can't. On our MK day I have a ADR for O'hana's (DS5's 6th Bday!!) so I am not going to count on it.

We have been to Disney for the past two years at the end of January / beginning of February. We have had no trouble with lines for the most part. The first year there was a cheerleading convention and the second there were groups from all over (brazil and other places) but even with that the lines moved quickly. The only things I can say that we had issues with (if you can call it that) was the shows Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast Lights Motor Action and Indiana Jones were all VERY crowded. The only rides that we had to wait for more than five minutes in line were Toy Story (it was brand new) and the Peter Pan ride. We were very blessed with fast moving lines. I hope you have a great trip and that you son really enjoys his time in Disney.

I was reading a thread about WDW in February and now I am TOTALLY freaked!!!! :scared1: I will be in the World Monday Feb. 8th through Friday Feb. 12th. My DS5 and I will be arriving late on Monday and leaving early afternoon on Friday (those will be non-park days for us). Thankfully, I already have all my ADR's but we do not have the hopper option on our tickets. The dates we will be there are BEFORE any of the holidays/events happening in Feb. that could make crowd levels horrible. I have not been since 2000, I was there during the food and wine festival (which I LOVE!:love:). Can someone tell me from experience if the crowds will be worse than that (the F&W Fest) because I do not remember them being too bad! I would think they would be worse for a special event like the F&W Festival? Please... someone calm me down! This is DS5's 1st trip to WDW and his 6th Bday celebration! I just want it to be as wonderful as possible! :hug: Thank you!

Woah....easy slugger....

Umm...the economy is kinda bad....travel is kinda down....it's made the news a few times in the last 2 years.

Morale of the story....this is probably one of the least crowded periods to visit WDW in the last 15 years....definitely the least since early 2003...so you'll be fine.

relax and breath....in through the nose....out through the mouth....breath...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter