OK now I'm getting ticked at Airtran

schlepsnort

<font color=cc0066>Family CEO, CFO<br><font color=
they keep changing our direct flights to stopovers. Currently on hold listening to the God awful hold music to rebook our tickets for the third time. I just went through this last night for our outgoing trip.:headache:

They did this to us and I was able to get a flight with one stop, but on the same plane. We have a layover but we don't have to transfer to a different plane. I always try and fly nonstop, but Airtran canceled all the direct flights out of Newark and LGA.

A direct flight IS one with a stopover/layover, but where the passengers from the original airport don't need to change planes (like dres40's experience, for example).

Before anybody jumps on me for being picky, the terminology you use with the airline DOES matter!

Nonstop = plane starts at your departure airport, flies straight to your destination airport, you debark.
Direct = plane starts at your departure airport, lands at one or more airports to let out/take on more passengers, but YOU don't need to change planes.
Not nonstop/direct = you board the plane; it lands at an intermediate airport; you debark; you proceed to another gate/terminal and board another plane to your destination.

Airtran is the only carrier left in Richmond doing nonstops to MCO, but they have changed the time to noon arriving at 2pm.

I have 4 upcoming trips with them that I have already bought for the original 730 am nonstop. Had to change all but one of them to the day earlier, and stay an extra night.

Luckily we have dvc so we just put another 12 points onto the vacation, DH always takes off the day before and after for the vacation, so it all worked out,

I think nonstop flights will be a thing of the past for a while.

we have a nonstop delta for Christmas, it has already been cancelled.

They did this to us and I was able to get a flight with one stop, but on the same plane. We have a layover but we don't have to transfer to a different plane. I always try and fly nonstop, but Airtran canceled all the direct flights out of Newark and LGA.

Hrm my November flights still show direct out of LGA....

Hrm my November flights still show direct out of LGA....

If you mean a non stop flight then I suggest you check the airtran site again.

I'm not sure what day you are leaving but all the flights out of LGA are with 1 stop.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

Airtran is the only carrier left in Richmond doing nonstops to MCO, but they have changed the time to noon arriving at 2pm.

I have 4 upcoming trips with them that I have already bought for the original 730 am nonstop. Had to change all but one of them to the day earlier, and stay an extra night.

Luckily we have dvc so we just put another 12 points onto the vacation, DH always takes off the day before and after for the vacation, so it all worked out,

I think nonstop flights will be a thing of the past for a while.

we have a nonstop delta for Christmas, it has already been cancelled.

I was also booked on this flight for a trip in August. I called AirTran & changed my flights to connecting flights through Atlanta, so I wouldn't have to leave Disney at 8am & spend all afternoon at home. Also, they didn't charge me any extra fees to make this change.

If you mean a non stop flight then I suggest you check the airtran site again.

I'm not sure what day you are leaving but all the flights out of LGA are with 1 stop.

TTFN
Jetsetter90

I am non-stop flight from LGA to MCO on 8/23 (Flight 209) and from MCO to LGA on 8/29 (Flight 337). Both are still listed as available for purchase and state "NON-STOP".

I suggest you re-read the site again....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter