Ok Now I Am Confused

Sammie

DIS Veteran
Usually I don't have to borrow many points, but today I made a reservation for October and the agent I had got me so confused; so please someone straighten this out for me.

I have an October use year. I booked a trip for October 2010 and I had to borrow a few points from 2011 because of multiple trips this year.

Now my understanding is that those points are now use year 2010 points and if I cancel they stay in that year/2010 and have to be used before Sept. 30, 2011 or I lose them.

She got me so confused, as she said no, that was not right, that if I cancel I lose them completely. :confused3

You have an October use year. For your October 2010, trip you used your remaining 2010 points, and borrowed some from October 2011, right?

If that is the case, and you cancel the October 2010 trip, those 2011 points need to be used for travel by September 30, 2011, or they will be lost.

You have an October use year. For your October 2010, trip you used your remaining 2010 points, and borrowed some from October 2011, right?

If that is the case, and you cancel the October 2010 trip, those 2011 points need to be used for travel by September 30, 2011, or they will be lost.

Yes that is what I did.

Thanks Chuck, that is what I thought, but she was convinced if I cancel; those borrowed points are lost completely, that I would not be able to use them at all.

I think she was new, she was having other issues as well. I need to check my reservation online and make sure she only borrowed the few I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter