Ok, now for something positive

Thanks for the thread. :thumbsup2

My mother left her pack (and wallet) at Coral Seas. The waiter called to notify us and *delivered* it to the Poly himself because it was on his way home. I was amazed. And so grateful! :goodvibes

I was at the toy store in Downtown Disney and set down my brand new expensive camera with over 800 pictures on it for a second to pick up Mr. Potato Head parts. I walked away from it and didn't realize it was gone until about fifteen minutes later. I started to freak out because our entire vacation was on that camera. I asked the CM's at the toy store and one of them said to go check with Guest Services. We walked over to Guest Services and my camera had just been turned in. I was so grateful - to this day I don't know if a CM or a guest picked it up but somone was extremely honest and it really made my day.

This July my son and I were eating upstairs in Pizza Planet and found a Blackberry and bag on the floor under our table! We gave it to a CM, so hopefully the owner was able to reclaim it! :)

I love threads like this.:goodvibes

We had a very magical moment at the 50s Prime Time Cafe, which was the first dinner of our last trip. I had read here in the DIS that Aunt Claire is a great server who really gets into character, so when we checked in and found on she was working, we requested her. Well, we ended up sitting and waiting for her for over an hour and a half because the tables were moving slowly. The CM with the camera and glasses kept coming over and asking us if we wanted a different server and we kept saying no, we didn't mind waiting, but we wanted to experience Aunt Claire.

Well, once we were finally seated, Aunt Claire made such a fuss over us!! She offered to bring us free drinks, she called us her "angels", she told the entire section that we had waited over an hour and half for her and they all clapped for us, she got the whole section to sing happy birthday to my mom, brought us free desserts and then made us both Magical Moments certificates with lovely messages and notes written on them. She said she was honoured to have had us wait so long and when we go back in December, we will definitely cross our fingers that she is working! There's nothing like a Disney CM to make the day a little more special.:cloud9:

What a breath taking story! You are so right that it is a tear jerker. That had to have been so incredible. Bless you for being such a wonderful and willing participant. Not everyone is comfortable with special needs children. You really did a wonderful thing just in your willingness to talk to this child in the beginning. :cloud9: :hug:

It was definitely an experience I will remember for a lifetime! The Disney CMs were so wonderful in making it happen-- being able to make magic like that every day must be so rewarding. I just don't know how they did it with dry eyes. The CM at city hall who took my praise for them even cried!

My mom teaches special needs kids so all credit goes to her for raising us to be comfortable with people with special needs and she and my father have taught us to be kind to everyone. I'm a children's librarian and I'm so used to being patted and poked by little hands, I didn't even think twice when she grabbed me!

I love threads like this.:goodvibes

We had a very magical moment at the 50s Prime Time Cafe, which was the first dinner of our last trip. I had read here in the DIS that Aunt Claire is a great server who really gets into character, so when we checked in and found on she was working, we requested her. Well, we ended up sitting and waiting for her for over an hour and a half because the tables were moving slowly. The CM with the camera and glasses kept coming over and asking us if we wanted a different server and we kept saying no, we didn't mind waiting, but we wanted to experience Aunt Claire.

Well, once we were finally seated, Aunt Claire made such a fuss over us!! She offered to bring us free drinks, she called us her "angels", she told the entire section that we had waited over an hour and half for her and they all clapped for us, she got the whole section to sing happy birthday to my mom, brought us free desserts and then made us both Magical Moments certificates with lovely messages and notes written on them. She said she was honoured to have had us wait so long and when we go back in December, we will definitely cross our fingers that she is working! There's nothing like a Disney CM to make the day a little more special.:cloud9:

Aww, that is so great! You probably made her day! I worked as a server while in school and let me tell you-- it is a hard job and you hear more complaints than compliments. She was probably so touched that somebody requested her and had a great time. I think the Disney magic worked both ways this time-- for your family and for Aunt Claire! :goodvibes

If someone makes your trip wonderful, tell someone! Make note of their names and take the time to write the mouse and tell him about their actions! It's a great way to spread a little of your own pixie dust.

This is SO TRUE! I think you get a little bit of good karma (or whatever) back when you take the extra step to recognize somebody who made your trip extra special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter