Ok Ladies-SPANX-Worth the $$$$$$????

This thread is cracking me up! I never heard of Spanx before, but now I want some...:yay:

I live in Miami and it's been 95+ degrees for the last month. I just wore them under a dress I bought for a wedding and it was fine. I was not sweating more than usual. And I was in the Higher Power Mid Thigh ones. But I'm buying a new pair called Hide and Sleek high panty that is supposed to have a moisture-wicking fabric so I guess that would help.

I love them, they really make you at least a size smaller.

I own a pair of spanx the kind that go down past your knees, and let me tell you I LOVE THEM. They smooth out the appearance of my legs when I wear capris or pants that are not denim. No longer are the nasty cottage cheese bumps visible throuh my clothes, and gosh darnit I feel more sexy!:lmao: :cheer2:

Spanx (original) vs Assets (cheaper version)

I have both. The Spanx version are much better but usually about $15 higher than the Assets style.

I really wish that someone would have told me to not waste my money on the other one. Once you wear the original Spanx then the Assets style just doesn't cut it. They don't have the extra "umph" of making your body look as sleek.

Wanted to share that I just logged onto Nordstroms to check out Spanx and see they are on sale this weekend! :woohoo: Worth checking out.

Marie17- I agree with you about the Assets version of Spanx! I have never actually worn Spanx but I had heard about all the great stuff about them, so when I saw Assets at Target and it said by the makers of Spanx, I figured why not right? Well the ones I bought were just basically pantyhose that were a little bit thicker than normal and went higher in the stomach, but the material over your stomach was just as thin as normal pantyhose and did absolutely nothing except slide down constantly and get caught on my belly button ring until I finally just rolled it down and wore it like normal pantyhose.

So... my experience with Assets- never again!!! I want Spanx!!! :rotfl:

Wanted to share that I just logged onto Nordstroms to check out Spanx and see they are on sale this weekend! :woohoo: Worth checking out.

Yeah, I knew about this last week and was able to pre-order my sizes.

I just walked in the store today and got my bag with my SPANX.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be there today after work. Maybe during my lunch hour if I can squeeze it in! I think they are a few dollars cheaper in the store.

Then you would run around nekkid May through September in Texas!!! I was wondering the same thing about wearing them in the heat.

When its hot like over 90 degrees they are hot. But I would rather be hot with a smaller butt then cool with a bigger butt.:rotfl:

Oh my, I hope I like these. I just placed an order from Nordstrom's with the sale. There was a small additional amount off if you purchased three, and then 3% cash back through Ebates. I got two of the Higher Power (one nude, one black) and one bra... $80.44 shipped (only $5 shipping), and I'll get another $2.25 or so back through Ebates. So $76 and change for two Higher Powers plus a bra, not bad I don't think, *IF* I like them.

I suppose I should have asked before buying... but I'm at the very top of the size B range. I went ahead and ordered the size B since that's what they said I should order. Will I be able to breathe? :eek:

The budget board sure costs me a lot of money. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter