1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Ok.... I'm Gonna Burst!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by AndyMcV, Feb 23, 2010.

1. AndyMcV

AndyMcV DIS Veteran

Hi Gang

As of today, we are now scheduled in to go to the BC for 8 days in March!!!! I cannot tell you how excited we all are - DW, DS10, DD6. Well the kids don't know just yet. :thumbsup2

My DW's cousin's called us this week to let us know that they were going to Disney as one of them has to present at a conference. So cool and we were so happy for them. Then, they asked if we were interested in going with them as we could get our own reservation/room under them with a hugely discounted room rate and tickets!!!!

I figured they were probably going to POR or another moderate because of the conference but no... it's the YC and BC. OH BOY!!!!! WHOO HOOOO!!! :goodvibes

...and if that wasn't enough, I talked with my Dad who's kindly offered to foot the bill for our flights, uuuuhh!!! You rock Dad. Someone is definitely looking down at us here. ;)

It's been a long and tough couple of years for my family and we so need a vacation. We actually had a Aug '09 trip booked that we had to cancel at the last minute. I remember my DW in tears on the phone cancelling our ADR's. It was not nice at all and it still puts a lump in my throat.

Our whole family has never stayed on-site at a Disney owned resort so this will be a first time for all of us. So alas, we will be in a dream state for the next 3-4 weeks thinking only of the BC, SAB and everything else Disney.

Andy
    :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Along4theRide

Along4theRide Mouseketeer

Woo hoo for sure! That is awesome. I know the feeling. We had to cancel our Oct. '09 trip, but have a trip planned for the end of May and best yet it's paid for including airfare! I'm soo excited, so I know how you're feeling right now! :cool1:

4. jldixon62

jldixon62 Mouseketeer

How wonderful, enjoy your trip!!

5. Arielssister

Arielssister Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!!! That is SOOO wonderful! I bet you guys are SOOO happy! I'm so happy for your family! Sounds like you guys need it especially with last year. Sounds like you have some good people in your life! I bet you guys will have the greatest time! Thank you for sharing. This gave me goosebumps! :)

6. scarlett24

scarlett24 Dreamin' of Disney

so happy for you and your family :yay: sounds like this is going to be an extra special trip, how exciting.

7. veraletta

veraletta DIS Veteran

what great news, you will all enjoy being at disney resorts.
    Let alone staying at BC, how cool is that!
    I really feel bad that you had to cancel your trip last year, I know what that's like, but staying at bc will make up for that.
    My husband has a conference to go to in Aug, the conference is at Swan and dolphin, but I talked my husband into staying at BC, we will have to pay some out of pocket, but I would like to be able to get Dining plan.
    So like you we will be staying at BC for the first time.
    We have stayed at disney resort before but never BC, we tour it and its looks like a fun place to stay.
    Well in 8 days you will not have to dream any more!
    Have a great trip!

8. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip!

You will love BC and the kids will love SAB!!!

9. 2minny

2minny DIS Veteran

YAY!! What a great surprise for the family! Have fun!

10. siestakeys04

siestakeys04 DIS Veteran

I know you guys will have a wonderful trip. Take lots of pic and we will be waiting for the trip report.:surfweb:

11. mpetti

mpetti DIS Veteran

Enjoy!!! It's so wonderful to read good news. Your kids are going to love it. Have fun.:cool1:

12. aceys_h0ney

aceys_h0ney DIS Veteran

What wonderful news! I feel like doing a happy dance for you and your family! I certainly know the pain of having to cancel a trip, I was in tears myself last year doing just that. I hope you all have a magically trip!

13. disneymomma1978

disneymomma1978 Mouseketeer

what great news!! have a fantastic trip! :goodvibes

14. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You have been sprinkled with about as much pixie dust as anyone could get!!!!

Have a wonderful time.

15. AndyMcV

AndyMcV DIS Veteran

Awwww... thanks guys. I love these boards. :goodvibes

16. JUJU814

JUJU814 DIS Veteran

so happy for you!!! Have a wonderful, magical trip!!!

17. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

Andy, that is such fabulous news :tinker: I am sure you and your family will have a marvelous, magical trip filled with many memories :tink:

18. pharmgirl69

pharmgirl69 Mouseketeer

woo hooo I'm so excited for you! May the pixie dust keep falling on you and have a wonderful! WONDERFUL! time!!!!!

19. JennMouse32

JennMouse32 Still Looking for my Prince Charming

you will be sooo converted to staying onsite..i guarntee it!! you will have a blast... esspecially since its so discounted!! *BONUS* lol.. have much fun!!​

20. Bugsmom73

Bugsmom73 DIS Veteran

Have fun!!

21. cm8

cm8 <font color=blue>Half of the time we're rushing ar

:thumbsup2pixiedust: Hope you have a blast!!!!! That sounds awesome. I was :sad1: when reading the part about your wife canceling the ADR, hope she was able to get more!!:hug: