Ok I'll do it ***Live from the July 2 Magic****

Amy- If you get a chance when you go to Palo can you find out how difficult it would be to get a second Palo dinner reservation for the Panama Canal cruise in August? We have made one dinner reservation online but would like one more. Can this be done the day we board or would we have to wait to try for a second night? Can we just call Palo from our room to get on a wait list for the second night? Thanks in advance!

Thx again for the updates.............let us know how it's going!! pirate:

thanx for posting! enjoy reading everything! and enjoy your vacation!! :flower:

Please tell Legal Briefs that Poconoboatniks say hello and wish that we were joining you guys in the Suite.

Poconoboatniks

Bump!! You guys were all the way on page 3!

I have a question for any CA cruisers out there. When does it get hot, or at least warm?? I was on the June 4th cruise and two of the three sea days were cold. NO ONE in the pools or even out on the decks. I read that your first day was cold. When does CA join the rest of the US and celebrate summer? :) If DCL ever does the west coast again, I'd like to go but I would like it to be at least warm if not hot. I was hoping July was a good time, but it sounds like it may not be. What do you native CA's advise? Is this a 'normal' summer time pattern or is it unusally cool this summer?

I have lived in Southern California for almost 30 years now. It was a bit yucky in June..... thus, what we call the June Gloom..... It is usually beautiful and warm to hot from July on through October. I usually have to turn on my air conditioning from the middle to end of July through September. I was surprised and sad for the cruisers to hear all the reports of COLD weather. We leave on August 20th to go back to Florida on the repo. I keep hearing how HOT HOT HOT it is going to be. Too bad we couldn't just average the cold with the hot for a nice medium warm!!!!

Yep....looks like this week is the start of hot weather! They shouldn't have too many more cold days on those West Coast cruises now!

Hey isn't it warmer in Dec? We would go to grandmas house in sweaters and be wishing we had brought our shorts and t-shirts. Hubby is from L A area but now we live in the San Joaquin valley where its hot. Also depends on that on shore flow and Santa Ana winds.
Calif. weather is kind of screwy this summer anyway.

Thx for the weather updates............I'm trying to prepare myself mentally no matter what!! :sunny:

For our June 25th sailing, we had beautiful, sunny warm weather until the last day. Friday was cold, overcast and windy. Usually we are warm and sunny in Southern California by the end of June. Early June is almost always "gloomy".

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you all. Very busy with 4 kids. They didn't have any fireworks for the 4th. Something to do with the ship was not stopped and they can only carry so many fireworks and they used them for pirate night (which was GREAT) the next night. We had a great turn out for our Dis meet compliments of Legal Briefs (Ron). It was standing room only and even then it was VERY CROWDED! :crowded:
We did the Paradise beach excursion in Puerta Vallarta. It was overcast all day but still warm enough for the kids to swim in the pool. They warned us before we left that there had been reports of jelly fish and gave you the option to cancel if you wanted but I don't think anyone did. Needless to say, we stuck to the pool, which was beautiful until I almost stepped on a doody sitting on the bottom of the pool. They came pretty quick to get it out but it kinda ruined it for me.
In Cabo, a big group of Dissers did Randi's Happy Horses. I didn't ride because of my 2 youngest are too little but the rest of my family had a great ride. There were LOTS of jelly fish on the beach here. We saw a teenager get stung and the lifeguards had to take him away because he was in so much pain...We didn't go in the water there either. :crazy:
In Cabo we just stayed on board and enjoyed the ship. One more day but we rebooked on board so we have something to look forward too. Gotta go now. Amy :flower:

Debogan said:
For our June 25th sailing, we had beautiful, sunny warm weather until the last day. Friday was cold, overcast and windy. Usually we are warm and sunny in Southern California by the end of June. Early June is almost always "gloomy".
Actually, the first full day of our cruise (June 26th) was still what the East Coasters would consider "cold" (though sunny). Like me, Debbie, you probably didn't think of it that way but it was definitely colder out on the water that first day than it was in San Pedro when we left. I lived most of my life in San Pedro but now I'm in Washington state so I have to remind myself that not everyone thinks it's "nice" when I do! LOL!

Still, for anyone looking for how to pack, I never felt I needed a jacket except standing out on deck later at night and then just a windbreaker. During the "cold" days, I was very comfortable in capris and a short-sleeved shirt. Then we hit Puerto Vallarta and man, I thought we'd gone a little TOO far south, if you know what I mean! LOL! I was DYING of the heat...mid-90's, hah! Mazatlan was the same. Cabo was just plain incredible, though. Probably low 80's and not a cloud in the sky--that I remember, anyway. :-) It was the most lovely city, I thought, and not just for the weather. Like Debbie says, Friday was just not that great but by then I was so relaxed hanging out onboard that it didn't matter. It gave me time to finally visit the Cove Cafe...so I could kick myself for not discovering it sooner.

CB

Thx so much for the weather and the "jellies" updates!! Best wishes for beautiful weather today!! :goodvibes

Hi,
Can you let me know how this goes? We have an early flight 11 am, from Long Beach and are worried we might not make it
Thanks!

wendilyn said:
Hi,
Can you let me know how this goes? We have an early flight 11 am, from Long Beach and are worried we might not make it
Thanks!
That's pretty early! However, there will be repeated printed and broadcast announcements that if you have an early flight, you need to notify guest services and show your plane tickets. They will then put you in the first group off the ship. We were in that group due to our dining rotation anyway. We were through customs and ready to drive away at 8:30 a.m. You should be fine. The Long Beach airport is about a half-hour drive.

CB

I was on the june 25 cruise and it was hot in cabo also we could not wait to get back on ship we just went walking around for a few hours. It was windy and cool on Fri but my grandkids still went to the pool. On a whole the weather was not as hot as I was expecting it to be. I loved all the shows and it was a great cruise all around.

Thx for the updates, it will be interesting to hear how it was today!! :sunny:

:flower: Just got home. We had to be at breakfast at 7:15 this AM and we were able to get off the ship as soon as we were done. We made it through customs (the birth certificate line) and were picking up our bags by 9:00 am. A noon flight should be no problem. We live about 20 minutes by freeway from the port and it's 12:15 right now and I'm on my 3rd load of laundry already. :crazy2:
We had a great time!! Very cold yesterday. It's already sunny here now but it never cleared on the ship yesterday.
Time to change laundry loads...Yuck!! Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter