• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ok, I want SUMTHIN... (need mypoints help, pls)

beansmom

Grumpy Grandma Extraordinaire
for the money I'm going to spend at Disney.

Can I purchase Disney giftcards thru MyPoints and get the 3 points per dollar reward?

TIA.

No, unfortunately you cannot get rebates for buying Disney gift cards anymore (Several years ago you could-those were the days!).

someone said they got $ back from Ebates, maybe try that?

Or, find a store that sells disney gift cards, that a reward progra will give credit for.

Like example, if you bought a walgreens gc online and got reward from xyz reward program for that, then use walgreens card to buy disney card.

That was just an example, don't know what stores give points for gc.

Like example, if you bought a walgreens gc online and got reward from xyz reward program for that, then use walgreens card to buy disney card.

My Walgreens will not allow you to pay for gift cards using a Walgreen's gift card.

My Walgreens will not allow you to pay for gift cards using a Walgreen's gift card.

Oh, that's weird. Wonder if it is up to the store mgr/owner. I buy them all the time with the gift cards I get from the all in one rebates. Maybe they are different types of gift cards?

Guess it couldn't hurt to try anyway, worst they can say is no, then you can use the card for grocery stuff, then with the cash you would have spent, buy the disney card.

Unless something's changed in the last 3 months, you can! I ordered 3x $25 cards for our Dec. trip & got 750pts (It was around X-mas when they had 10pts/dollar) I'm planning on ordering cards to pay off our Sept. trip this year just for the extra points - Yay for MyPoints!!

I just read the Disney gift card terms and conditions from the link on the Mypoints site. It says it can be used in select locations at the parks. It can be used to pay for DL tickets over the phone and you will soon be able to use it pay for WDW ticket packages.

Does anyone have actual experience using these at WDW?

Yup, brought down 2 $25 cards in Dec. of 2009 for my kids spending $$ that I earned 500pts buying through Mypoints. They're the same as the gift cards you can buy at the stores & parks.

I just read the Disney gift card terms and conditions from the link on the Mypoints site. It says it can be used in select locations at the parks. It can be used to pay for DL tickets over the phone and you will soon be able to use it pay for WDW ticket packages.

Does anyone have actual experience using these at WDW?

If they are a disney gift card, not a disneystore gift card, they can be used pretty much for anything that takes a card (some random carts don't...cash only).

I've used them to make & pay for my WDW reservation over the phone (used my gift card as downpayment instead of a cc, then called back to payoff as I rec'd more gc), my tickets after I checked in, food, stores, snacks, etc...

You can even put them on your room at check in so you can have kttwc charging priveleges (no cc required).

I had about $800 in gift cards with me for my last trip from various reward site cashouts (mainly sunshinereward & cashduck (cd is now closed though). I didn't get any from mypoints, but I imagine they are the same. I actually paid for about 95% of my trip w/ rewards. Took a little over 2 years to save up though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter