1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Ok, I have to say.....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Stephieann, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Stephieann

Stephieann DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>Oh no....he is M

I have seen were people are terribly upset the way DCL handled Sandy, well i have to chime in and say something....

Last year when i went on a cruise in October, we were hit by a Tropical Depression that i do believe hit almost Tropical storm force winds at one point. Disney handled it with greatness!!!! They could have squeezed out of the port in a small time frame between where the storm was getting bad and before the authorities said no we could not port out but DCL did not, unlike RC. DCL was concerned about the safety of the guest and crew and we sat in port for 12 extra hours. I was not there to see how it was handled but i am sure DCL did what they could, some time mother nature changes her mind and causes good decisions to become bad ones.... lets not be to cruel on DCL, remember the ones that were on the ship were aware when they book that it was at the end of hurricane season!!! I am sure i will get flamed for some of this but i had to put my 2 cents in!!! I am just thankful that everyone was brought home safely!!!!!!