• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK I got 5 days to go.....

We leave Sunday morning and I haven't begun packing-but just like Santa I'm makin my list and checkin it twice... I can't pack until the kids are out of the house since it is a surprise trip.:cheer2::cheer2:

Cool a surprise trip. I checked my list and have 2 bags by the door now. I have all my important papers in a folder and an extra copy packed in one of the suitcases. Just in case. I will put that in my carry on. I have packed my cameras and bought and packed memory cards and batteries. T H R E E D A Y S!!!!! Trekker where are you staying we arrive the same day!!! I am at the POP with 8 others.

Eight days to go and I haven't even thought about getting the suitcases out or making a list of things to pack. When I'm down to day three or so I will then start getting ready. Sometimes too much advance planning can have an adverse effect. Relax! Everything's going to be fine.

Hey I know the feeling. I have six days to go until we arrive at ASMo. Two of those days I work 24 hrs straight. Then I have an overnite trip on another day I have to do for military stuff. That leaves me about 3 days to pack half my house in the back of my SUV so my DD can survive 8 days at Disney. She is handicapped and requires a lot of stuff. Including Oxygen, breathing machine and a wheel chair. Did I mention I'm also a single parent ?

It's usually about this time I begin to wonder why I put myself thru all this. But that fades away as soon as I see her smile at seeing the Castle.

Picture125.jpg

I have 1 week left and I haven't started packing yet but I have lists started. The one thing I read on the Dis that I thought was a good idea was to wear waterproof mascara. I had never thought of that before but that is a great idea. I guess with the possibility of rain each day and water rides that makes sense.:thumbsup2

Hey I know the feeling. I have six days to go until we arrive at ASMo. Two of those days I work 24 hrs straight. Then I have an overnite trip on another day I have to do for military stuff. That leaves me about 3 days to pack half my house in the back of my SUV so my DD can survive 8 days at Disney. She is handicapped and requires a lot of stuff. Including Oxygen, breathing machine and a wheel chair. Did I mention I'm also a single parent ?

It's usually about this time I begin to wonder why I put myself thru all this. But that fades away as soon as I see her smile at seeing the Castle.

Picture125.jpg

God Bless you Flame!!! Gives me goosebumps to only imagine what you go thru!! And military? Yikes!! your daughter is beautiful!! If we see ya, we'll say hi!!! :) Enjoy your trip, and good luck with the packing!

We will leave in 6 days and have not started packing. DS plays select soccer and we are traveling this weekend. Will unpack tomorrow night, do laundry, and finally be able to focus on Disney. Cannot wait!!!

We go to Disney often and keep one of those Rubbermaid bins filled with vacation stuff like collapsible hamper, mister, backpack, ponchos, lanyard, small wallet, 3 outlet converter, maps, waterpark mugs, etc. All we have to add are clothes.

Hope you all have wonderful trips. I wonder how many dissers we pass and do not know it.

Thanks Bouncycat. It will not be hard to spot us. She never turns loose of her Pal Mickey and I will be wearing at a minimum my lime green Team Focker watch lanyard if not a lime green shirt too. Please feel free to say hi if you see us.

Have 6 more days and cant wait, have had packing lists for months will start packing this evening, need to pick up some soda and water for the car and resort and Im done!! Except Fri DH and I are making the kids DS16, DD13 do a scavanger hunt to tell them SUPRISE we leave for WDW early tomorrow, here are your packing lists you have an hr to pack and have it out to the car! LOL Every morning in the shower my Dh does the count down.. Baby its 6 days..

We leave on Tuesday but have to get up around 3am or so. I am already exhausted from all the going around trying to make sure we go comfortable and everything is in order. Last time we went it was just my hubby and I and this year we get to celebrate with our 2 year old. So needless to say, I have way more packing/planning to do!

So, our camera got lost and we had to buy a new one. My encouragement to anyone who has bought a brand new camera to use for their vacation is to charge the battery ahead of time so you can start taking photos right away!

"FlameTamr"....I think your photograph is beautiful too...what a smile!

I leave a week from today. I got a pedicure today. I also got a haircut. When I got home, I checked over my paperwork and tickets, to be sure I they are all together and ready to go. :banana:

I won't start packing until one night this week, although I've been putting things I want to take into a bag for a couple months. :rolleyes1

This week, I'll do laundry, get my nailed filled-in and clean the house. I don't leave until after lunch on Saturday, so that morning, I'll strip the bed and put on clean sheets. It's always nice to come home to a clean house and get into a bed with fresh, clean sheets! :laundy:

Been packing for the last 2 weeks and have got it pretty well organized. Finally added my clothes today. We're leaving early on Wed. morning and with work and everything I knew I had to begin early. In thinking about Florida, I packed light - shorts, light shirts, etc..We can't wait to go!:cool1:

We leave one week from today. I've been going over and modifying our plans for each park. Changed some days around. Have purchased some stuff we need--over the door organizer, power strip, snacks, etc. Still need to do some shopping, print off planning sheets, pack, haircut, pedicure.....ummmmm......lots! Looks like it will be a busy week! Can't wait!!!!!

We leave one week from today. I've been going over and modifying our plans for each park. Changed some days around. Have purchased some stuff we need--over the door organizer, power strip, snacks, etc. Still need to do some shopping, print off planning sheets, pack, haircut, pedicure.....ummmmm......lots! Looks like it will be a busy week! Can't wait!!!!!

We must be sis seperated at birth Im getting haircut and pedicure too! I still need sodas for our trip too.

We leave this Friday and can't wait! I, too have a Disney Box...big rubbermaid bin on wheels. It has all our Disney stuff, shirts, ponchos, travel stuff, pin collections, my messenger bag,etc. Then if I come across something I'll use on the trip, it goes in the box. I am taking the shirts out today, to wash and freshen them, and pulling out what we'll need and leaving what we won't..cuz this time...for the FIRST TIME EVER...DH and I are going by ourselves!:cool1: No kids or grandkids. We plan on strolling thru the parks, eating at the more adult restaurants, going to Cirque de Soliel, taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour...and taking lots of pictures of the stuff you never take the time to, because you're always on the go with the kids.
Yesterday I made my " mousekeeping " tip envelopes, made a tiny itinery book that has all our ressie times and #'s. Today I will laminate it. Already got the pedicure, hair is on Thursday, so now just PACKING! French Quarter, here we come!!:love: :banana::banana::banana:

I, too have a Disney Box...big rubbermaid bin on wheels.

This is brilliant!!!

My DH is gone for work most of this week and we leave on Saturday. I have two preschoolers and work full time. So I'm actually taking the day off on Friday to pack. And probably finish the kids' costumes because why do that early? I've only known we're going this weekend since, oh, about 6 months ago! I do my best work under pressure. So I tell myself :)

Also, the power strip...gotta remember that one. I think they have one outlet in every hotel (not hotel room, just in the whole hotel!!)

We leave on Friday!!! 2 days!!!:cool1:
One little errand this afternoon after work...packing most everthing tonight.
Work 6 a.m.-10:30 tomorrow, 1/2 day for me, but boss owes me hours, so it'll be a full days pay...then doing around the house stuff, taking the window ac's out of the window, last minute clean up...then up early Friday to leave!!!! WoooooHooooo!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Have fun!

I guess you might want to pack some bug spray. I hear the love bugs are starting to show up, which lasts for a couple weeks.

Why do you need bug spray for love bug? They don't bite. I lived in FL for 22 yrs and was never bitten by a love bug.:confused3 Is it just to repel them away from you? They just want to share the love.:hippie: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter