OK...how do we tour Fantasyland??

BYC

DIS Veteran
We are going Nov.10-17. So, it is only partially opened. Fantasyland has never been a big attraction to my family...but this trip, I am taking my 6 year old twin niece and nephew. SO---how do we do it? How do we know what is opened and what isn't? Where to first?? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

We are going Nov.10-17. So, it is only partially opened. Fantasyland has never been a big attraction to my family...but this trip, I am taking my 6 year old twin niece and nephew. SO---how do we do it? How do we know what is opened and what isn't? Where to first?? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Look at a park map that day.
It will tell you what's open
(which is nearly everything that used to be open in Fantasyland, plus a few new things.)

Rough (very rough) order:
Peter Pan
Carousel
Pooh
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Mermaid (new)
TeaCups
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Small World

Here is my early morning plan, with a little non-FL thrown in:
Collect FASTPASSes for Splash Mountain
Collect FASTPASSes for Big Thunder Mountain (we have 4 tickets but only 2 thrill-riders)
Ride Peter Pan's Flight
Ride Winnie the Pooh
Ride Barnstormer
Ride Dumbo
Ride Splash Mountain with FASTPASS
Ride Big Thunder Mountain with FASTPASS
Collect FASTPASS Jungle Cruise
It's a Small World
Ride Mickey's Philharmagic

Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh are probably the most important to do early, since they will have the longest lines later in the day (though they both have FP). Dumbo used to be on that list also, but expanding the ride seems to have made it less of a must-do first-thing. Of the new attractions, Little Mermaid will probably not have a long wait (since it is a fast loader), and ETwB probably will. If it's all open, I would do ETwB first, followed by PP and WtP.

Enchanted Tales with Belle. Also check out the New Fantasyland Expansion thread. TONS of info there, with most everything condensed onto the first few posts.

Look at a park map that day.
It will tell you what's open
(which is nearly everything that used to be open in Fantasyland, plus a few new things.)

Rough (very rough) order:
Peter Pan
Carousel
Pooh
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Mermaid (new)
TeaCups
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Small World

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought Fantasyland was brand new?

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought Fantasyland was brand new?

No, there has always been a Fantasyland section in the park, it's just being expanded and will include the new Mine coaster, Enchanted Tales with Belle, the new Little Mermaid ride, etc

No, there has always been a Fantasyland section in the park, it's just being expanded and will include the new Mine coaster, Enchanted Tales with Belle, the new Little Mermaid ride, etc

I did not realize that, thanks. I was just there in 2011 for the first time and it was under construction.

The Big top isn't open ???? I find it very confusing

Most of the Storybook Circus section (formerly Mickey's Toontown Fair) is now open. Pete's Silly Sideshow (meet & greet for Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Goofy) is the only attraction not already open. It is expected to be in mid-October, though. The attractions in the SC section of Fantasyland include Dumbo (with double spinners and an indoor interactive queue and FP), Barnstormer w/the Great Goofini, the WDW train station, Pete's Silly Sideshow (opening soon), Casey Jr Splash 'n Soak, Big Top Souvenirs giftshop, and several snack wagons.

Most of the Storybook Circus section (formerly Mickey's Toontown Fair) is now open. Pete's Silly Sideshow (meet & greet for Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Goofy) is the only attraction not already open. It is expected to be in mid-October, though. The attractions in the SC section of Fantasyland include Dumbo (with double spinners and an indoor interactive queue and FP), Barnstormer w/the Great Goofini, the WDW train station, Pete's Silly Sideshow (opening soon), Casey Jr Splash 'n Soak, Big Top Souvenirs giftshop, and several snack wagons.

Pete's Silly Sideshow just opened yesterday. :)

ETA: Today, actually.

Pete's Silly Sideshow just opened yesterday. :)

Oooh, great! Then all of Storybook Circus is officially open. Looking forward to seeing it in 4 weeks, even though we will miss the rest of Fantasyland opening by a few weeks- boo... :sad1:

I did not realize that, thanks. I was just there in 2011 for the first time and it was under construction.

The new parts were under construction, but the rest of Fantasyland was right there, and I'm guessing you were in it - unless you never walked through/behind the castle? Did you just do Frontierland, Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Tomorrowland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter