Ok guys time to fess up whose going on Feb.22 on the eastern cruise?????

It would be really neat to say hello to everyone on the first night. Someone above mentioned topsiders after the lifeboat drill. Anyone else have any other ideas?? How should we find each other?? Reading on these boards in the past, some groups have worn green ribbons???

Our kids (DD9, DS7, DS5, DD3) are really hoping to meet some new friends to explore their "club". My DH and I would like exchange ideas on shore excursions that the whole family can enjoy.

We will be going with DH, DD my dad and step-mom, step sister and her family of 5. We can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc

Is it me or does it seem that these last two weeks have been the longest ever !?! I am really surprised that more people have not posted for this trip. Can't wait for 80 degree weather, Were lucky if we have broken through the 20's. Pretty cold here. No snow so thats a plus. See you guys in about 10 days!! :Pinkbounc

it would be great to meet some folks with kids around 10 years old. my daughter is so looking forward to going and it would be kind of cool if she could meet a few good buddies to hang around with! are any of you past cruisers and will you be going to the past guest party?

can't wait to go!!!:Pinkbounc

In exactly one week we'll be landing in Orlando...at this exact time! I can almost feel the warm ocean breeze...even though it's still -30 C here!
Better start packing this weekend..! I've got the final countdown jitters!!

It was -3 this morning in New Jersey, the ground is covered with ice & snow and we're expecting another storm overnight. On the bright side we're be headed south on Wednesday morning!! Yesterday we picked up the last of our new snorkel equipment....castaway cay here we come.

There have been a couple of suggestions regarding a disboard meet for Saturday afternoon. Kater & I suggest outside of topsiders at 3:15. We'll be there with some kind of poster (Kater please make something :D ) Just think, in 8 short days we'll have already cleared Port Canaveral and will be on our way out to sea!

All have a safe trip to the port and we'll see you shortly.

We are going on the 2/22 Magic! Myself, DH, DS5, and DS4. My boys are pretty skittish about being left places so I'm hoping they'll go into the club at least once so we can experience Palo! I know they're supposed to be in separate groups due to their ages, but I think they'd do much better if they could be together. I'm hoping since they're only a year apart in age, that will be allowed. If anyone has a DS around my boys' ages, maybe they could buddy up and go to the lab together??

We didn't sign up for any shore excursions because I wasn't sure what would be good for kids as young as mine. I figure we can just explore a beach or two on our own or maybe just enjoy the non-crowded ship after everyone else gets off?

I can't believe our cruise is almost here!!!!

Originally posted by NJHOO
We'll be there with some kind of poster (Kater please make something :D )

Tsk -- Daddy, where am I going to pack a poster? Remember, I'm the one who's flying! I'll bring some of my crafty stuff -- YOU bring the posterboard. :p

On the bright side, it's a lovely 70 degrees in Mississippi today... :) And I got my skirt for Tropicalfragilicious Night!

My best friend (27) and I (28) will be on the 2/22 Magic cruise too!! She is flying down from Illinois in just 4 days and we are really getting excited. It will be my 3rd Disney cruise (although 1st 7 day) and her first cruise.

We are going to try the Shipwreck excursion on St Maarten and are looking forward to the snorkeling. We're with you Rya and think these last 2 weeks have been super slow!! Can't wait for next Saturday to get here!!

I've never posted here before but I have certainly enjoyed reading everyone else's posts. I feel like I have learned so much about the ship and whole crusing experience. Thanks so much for sharing your great tips!!

Well, the pending storm pushed us over the edge and we packed up the minivan Friday night and raced it down the Eastern Seaboard. It's 78 deg here, we survived the President's Weekend crowd at Magic Kingdom and WE ARE SO HAPPY TO BE HERE.

NJHOO - we like the Topsider idea. Our family of six will be in White Disney shirts and on the deck aft (behind) Topsiders at 3:15 to meet everyone. We'll look for katerkat's poster.;)

BSDolk - our boys (now 5 and 7) were split up last year. They actually spent a lot of time in the same room and did well. You would be surprised how much the kids are catered to. I do know that you can have a child move down an age group, just not up. We also have a 3 year old who will be going to "group" for the first time on this trip (she had to go to Flounders Reef Daycare last trip). She is very excited to be a "big kid". We'd love to meet you and introduce the kids...sometimes it helps to at least recognize someone else. Join us at Topsiders at 3:15???

LittleTink - our oldest is a 9.5 year old girl on her second cruise. She plans on spending as much time as possible in the Lab and other kid activities. She says we might see her at dinner...at least to eat the special desserts! As above, we'll be at Topsider's and would love to introduce the girls.

Everyone take it real easy coming down...See you all onboard!!!!!

Now, how do I change the darn countdown (WE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!):bounce:

It would be great if we could introduce the girls! We will also be at topsiders and will look for someone my daughter's age....my daughter is also planning on spending quite a bit of time in the lab and this is her 2nd disney cruise also! See you next weekend!:Pinkbounc

We will be on the 2/22 Eastern and can't wait. We are myself, DW, DS(8 during cruise), DS(4.5) and my in-laws. The boys are looking forward to meeting new friends and having fun in the clubs. This is our first Disney Cruise and we are glad to see other kids on board.

In case you haven't seen the message about this(I think it is a great idea for kids), if you bring your own pillow case to guest services they will have as many characters as you like sign it and return it to you. We are doing this for our boys. There is a thread somewhere on here about this but in case you haven't seen just thought I'd add.

See you Sat.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I think meeting at Topsiders at 3:15 sounds like a great idea. If my 2 DS (4 and 5) meet some other kids that they can play in the Club with I think they would be more apt to go without a fuss. I really want to do Palo, both brunch and dinner!

Should we meet in a certain section of Topsiders, or how will we know who the DISers are?

Hi Woody64,
So glad you have DS8 also. Mine would love to have a buddy to hang around with at the clubs. Let's make sure the little guys meet. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and my son has always had great fun meeting new kids from all over. See you at Topsiders after the life boat drill!

Cadburysmom

Just finished clearing at least 24 inches of snow off the driveway and sidewalks and it's still snowing. The whole time kept thinking that in just 40 hours we'll be leaving for 12 days of fun and sun!

I'm jealous of disneycruiser, you're down there already and out of this blizzard. We were supposed to be in Storrs CT today to leave the cat with DD # 3 (who is stuck in classes and can't come with us) but did the run yesterday based on the weather forecast.

I read in another post about meeting outside of Topsiders after the life boat drill. If I'm correct the drill will be around 4:00 and we will try to meet around 3:15. This way we can meet who's aboard, go get our life jackets and be ready for the drill.

I'd better get off here and start to figure out what to pack.

cadburysmom: My son is excited to have a boy his age also. Maybe your son can help show him around the club as he has done this before? It sounds like we are meeting at 3:15 at Topsiders before the life boat drill. We are flying in Fri. and taking the bus early from the airport so that should not be a problem. We will see everybody Sat.

woody64

We're not going until March 22! Please remember to tell us all about your cruise when you get back. Have Fun!!!:wave:

Have a great time. We are doing the Western this year. It was fun meeting you both last April.
plutojudy (chicago post card)

Woody64,
Thanks for correcting me about the meeting time...I probably would have missed it if you hadn't. We have been so busy lately that I seem to overlook everything. Have a nice flight down and we'll see you on the ship!

Cadburysmom:D

Just got back from the Feb 22 sailing of the Magic and it definitely was our best Disney cruise yet! We really lucked out and got wonderful tablemates who just happened to be from this thread. Special thanks to Susan, Bill, sweet Will and cute Pete for making this cruise the most "magical" of them all......Jordan and I thoroughly enjoyed your company and hope you had a safe trip home!

Hope we can cruise together again next year!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter