OK, 'fess up. Who's watching I Am Cait?

You had me on your side, and then you dropped the "he"

I'm watching because I find it very interesting to see what she is going through on a day to day basis. It's about education at this point, not at ALL like any of the Kardashian shows. They also show phone numbers and websites for people to call/contact if they need someone to talk to/need a place to go.

I don't watch but it's nice to hear they have those numbers and websites and the like.

I almost said, "Who is Cait?!"

That would be a big no! I have too much to do to waste my time watch any of the Kardashian clan... this includes him as well...

I'd rather TV has a non-sensational tv show about non-famous transgender people...

There is actually one I saw about a teenager called "I Am Jazz". I think it was on TLC, but I'm not sure.

I've never watched the Kardashians or "I Am Cait" though.

episode 2 covers the voice. She is not happy with it either. I thought last nights episode did give more insight into becoming transgender and the struggles that "regular" people have. They do point out that Cait is not your typical scenario.

I will admit to watching all things Kardashian. I find them very entertaining!

Surfed across this in the middle of the night. I was rather surprised they aired some discussion regarding the fact Caitlyn was rather out of touch with what the typical transition reality is, including what seemed like some suspicion/disapproval among the group traveling with her. I hope that the access to the funds to pursue the transition so rapidly didn't also allow the required psychological counseling to be bypassed. I have the distinct impression, girls' road trips, wine toasts and wardrobe bonding aside -- Caitlyn might be as disconnected and isolated as Bruce ever was and it's being overlooked because she's seemingly out and about and social instead of home alone or golfing alone like before. I hope the snip I saw was just poor editing and that the people who truly know and love Caitlyn are paying careful attention that she's truly okay.

Ryan Lochte, Gabby Douglas, Carmelo Anthony, Shaq, Sanya Richards-Ross are all Olympians with reality shows.

Oh, well, I don't watch reality TV. But that's a very good point, thank you. Although Shaq is well know more for being on the Lakers.

FYI, a transvestite, cross-dresser, drag queen, and a transgender person are not the same thing.
I know flightless, what i was getting at was that I just don't understand why Caitlin is so special. Yes I know she's transgender. she's not the first nor the last. like I said maybe it's because I'm exposed to all kinds of alternate lifestyles but in my opinion she's simply a kardashian who found another way to get into the media.

Ain't that what they do 24/7

No. There are VERY few reality TV shows I like. This would not be one of the few.

I think that the Kardashians are trash and this individual is just a part of that. No thanks.

I recorded the first episode, but hv yet to watch it. I Kind of agree about his Voice! May watch it when there's nothing left on the dvr...lol

This is me, too. I've got them on my pvr as well and will get around to watching it when I've cleared off a few other things ;-)

I'm sure everyone watches things that would have others saying the exact same things that some are saying about this show and the various Kardashian shows. No need to be so judgemental...

Just caught up with the show. I stopped watching the Kardashians a while ago but I really like that show... As for Caitlyn's voice, I have to say that I don't even notice it. It's part of who she is now.

I really liked seeing all the trans women too. Some of them had it so rough... Can't believe human beings had to go through stuff like that just to be who they are.

I've been watching but have started losing interest. It is interesting to hear all these women's stories though. I recently discovered "Becoming Us" which is a bit more easy to watch. I think it's the way they present it to the viewers.

just how unhappy he is with it. He could do surgery or was looking into voice coaching.

I haven't watched the show, but do have experience with providing voice feminization therapy to transgender women. Everyone has a natural pitch range for speaking and you help them identify and use their upper speaking range. The goal being that it needs to be natural otherwise it draws attention to itself and can damage the vocal folds. The most important part though are the gestures, sentence structure, prosody, vocabulary selection, etc that are different in women as compared with men. Loved working with the "t- girls" as they called themselves. It was "fun" in a profession that deals with a lot of trauma and disease.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter