Ok fellow Dis'ers - emergency help needed!

jandel

Mouseketeer
Ok you guys - hubby is changing jobs and just sprung the suprise of the year on me :cool1:. He wants to go to WDW from Thursday (YES - TWO DAYS FROM NOW) the 7th until Tuesday the 12th. The really cool part - money is (almost) no object! This means a Deluxe is ok :yay:. Here's where I need help...airline tickets are done, I want 5 nights on-site, dining package, and 2 5-day park hoppers. I keep checking availability and it keeps throwing out an $8000 AKL package - gulp. I don't think that's quite waht he had in mind. I'm thinking more along the lines of $3000 total.

Can you guys help? Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a split stay if necessary but right now my head is about to explode:laughing:. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lisa

Sorry, I have no recommendations. I just wanted to say :yay: Enjoy your trip!

Instead of checking online try calling the reservation number and seeing what they can figure out for you.

Disney's site seems that it's always trying to upsell. I checked and saw what you're seeing at Animal Kingdom Lodge ... but it's for a 2 bedroom suite at Club Level. You should try calling and seeing if there's any "normal" rooms available. It may be hard to get something last minute because this weekend is the marathon weekend.

Grand Floridian is available with 6 day park hoppers and dining plan for $3500. The AKL price is for a 2 bedroom club level suite. Have Fun!

I just tried your dates and it did pop up the $8000 Animal kingdom as the main choice, but it also popped up alternate offers for the Grand Floridian for $3099 and Yacht Club for $2700. Try online again.

It's Marathon Weekend this weekend, so the pickings are going to be very very slim for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

I too came up with a cheaper GF offer... so keep trying :earsboy:

Ok - just got off the phone with reservations and here's what I've decided (and thank you very much for all your advice!):

We're going to go ahead and book a split-stay between Pop and BWI. GF is a little too formal for us. Never stayed anywhere but the values before so it's a grand adventure :woohoo:.

And you were right - rooms are veerryy scarce this coming weekend. Hope that doesn't bode ill for wait times in the parks. Oh wait a minute..I'm going to the world - who cares :)

Thanks again...maybe I'll try a trip report :banana:

Ok - just got off the phone with reservations and here's what I've decided (and thank you very much for all your advice!):

We're going to go ahead and book a split-stay between Pop and BWI. GF is a little too formal for us. Never stayed anywhere but the values before so it's a grand adventure :woohoo:.

And you were right - rooms are veerryy scarce this coming weekend. Hope that doesn't bode ill for wait times in the parks. Oh wait a minute..I'm going to the world - who cares :)

Thanks again...maybe I'll try a trip report :banana:

Congratulations! What a nice surprise for you! :cheer2:

You will :love: BWI - it is a very beautiful resort, and is so close to DHS and EPCOT and all of those dining options - you lucky woman you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter